Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Congratulations to Manchester city on reaching the Champions League final, now for Chelsea to beat Real Madrid for an all English Final.

Reactions: garn63

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Am pleased for them. Thought they were good enough to win it 2 yrs ago but a lack of nous let them down. If we're honest, I guess we are all aspiring to compete at their level right now.   If Chelsea or Citeh win it though, should we welcome them to the highest echelons of English football ?   9_9

Last edited by a moderator:

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Typical Arsenal, let the country down! :(  

Not a great performance, very negative considering they had to win.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's been a funny old year for everyone. See what the new season brings & get the kids on the park maybe ?  My ex was an Arse fan & she enjoys watching Villa this yr. When together I enjoyed watching Arsenal cos the Villa made me ill.   :)    Onwards !

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
All so predictable…..  :cool: :p

First off, whoever replaced Emery with Arteta, needs to go now (Kroenke??). 

Secondly, Arteta needs to resign now, for taking a job that was far too difficult and challenging for someone with absolutely no experience!

Bring back David Dein to sort out the executive mess, and get the transfer policy sorted out now, Edu needs to go also. 

Pathetic display by the team last night, they’re so lucky the fans weren’t in the stadium, imo.. 

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
All so predictable…..  :cool: :p

First off, whoever replaced Emery with Arteta, needs to go now (Kroenke??). 

Secondly, Arteta needs to resign now, for taking a job that was far too difficult and challenging for someone with absolutely no experience!

Bring back David Dein to sort out the executive mess, and get the transfer policy sorted out now, Edu needs to go also. 

Pathetic display by the team last night, they’re so lucky the fans weren’t in the stadium, imo.. 
I think it all went downhill after Dean left, but he is probably to old to come back now. Leaving Highbury seems to have been a huge mistake, they seem to have forgotten their history and traditions, the grass isn't always greener (although it maybe at the Emirates :)  ) We were promised a level playing field with the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, when in reality we are on par with Espanyol, Elche and Hertha Berlin!! 

The next 12 months in North London will be interesting not only at N5 but also N17.

Well done to United, they will beat Villareal in the final.

Reactions: Devil

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Pep's 10th trophy since he arrived at City arrives in the form of a third PL title in 4 years. As a fan since 1968, with decades of trophy less seasons from then, it still means more to me than any other trophy.

Reactions: greybeard

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Pep's 10th trophy since he arrived at City arrives in the form of a third PL title in 4 years. As a fan since 1968, with decades of trophy less seasons from then, it still means more to me than any other trophy.
He's in very great danger of dominating the Prem. 

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not bad for someone they said couldn't do it in England.
I must admit I though he'd move on but he has reinvigorated that team after they seemed to drop off. All this while Sterling has been well off the pace. 

As an aside, we should be building the next six international competitions around Foden. He is head and shoulders the most exciting player for two decades - such maturity too. Fantastic.

Reactions: oldius

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not bad for someone they said couldn't do it in England.
Enjoy the celebrations & reflection. If they win the cup then they are making history. 

Perhaps politically, football is maybe going to be even more fickle (more drama), than when we all knew our chairman..and how he would act for our club ? Any premier league team could only be a few yrs from starting from the bottom again.

As supporters we should enjoy the good times.    Spring in your step ?  M.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Enjoy the celebrations & reflection. If they win the cup then they are making history. 

Perhaps politically, football is maybe going to be even more fickle (more drama), than when we all knew our chairman..and how he would act for our club ? Any premier league team could only be a few yrs from starting from the bottom again.

As supporters we should enjoy the good times.    Spring in your step ?  M.
City won the U18 league today, the U23 league, last week, and the PL, all playing Pep's brand of football.

Last edited by a moderator:

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well I was not expecting that, got an early goal, gifted to us and then managed to defend it for 75minutes, with a little bit of good fortune, but restricted Chelsea to very few shots on target, even though they had the majority of possession. Will go to bed happy tonight, it is not often we do the double over Chelsea :)  

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thought before kick off that I would take a point.  We were there for the taking tonight. Very disjointed Villa .  Typical end of season game really.  It's all run out of steam & Everton should have put the game to bed in the last 10 mins.  UTV.

Reactions: Bazzer