2021/2022 Premier League Football Season

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Xhaka’s fine when the opponents are weaker and he’s not under any pressure, but falls apart when the going gets tough. I’ve not seen him play as well for Arsenal as he did for the Swiss, but then that might be down to how he’s (not) managed??

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ronaldo's 'Homecoming' against us tomorrow should be interesting. The lad looks after himself at 36.
Our (Newcastle's) last great return might be Keegan back for 2nd stint as manager and it didn't go well.
A homecoming for Andy Cole, Nobby Solano, Shola, Les Ferdinand, Ginola, Cabaye. Good times..

Last edited by a moderator:

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You know when your the better team & should be 2 or 3 up......and you are losing 2-0  🙂  Only 50 mins gone & we will be formidable (sometimes) this season but no cigars.  Saw the effect of Man Utd having a talisman....we sell ours.  Ah well UTV. 

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A moment in footie  - Ronnie coming back & scoring twice - even the Glazers turned up.
Perhaps they could make a Mancie movie about it staring Giggs. Sell the soundtrack and recover 
Ronnie's costs...

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A moment in footie  - Ronnie coming back & scoring twice - even the Glazers turned up.
Perhaps they could make a Mancie movie about it staring Giggs. Sell the soundtrack and recover 
Ronnie's costs...

13 stories in today's Mail about his return. Ryan on G Wing, the movie, is the current speculation to cover the costs, sponsored by Stennaline.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am really sorry I like and admire Ronaldo and do see him as being one of the best two footballers of this generation . Yet I am now very bored with the stupid over the top coverage that has been going on for days . Man Utd according to some will now win all competitions they are in and will take over the world by the end of the season . Well a good signing but sorry not that good and all they beat was Newcastle at home not Manchester City or Chelsea .

And just a thought well done Colin Arsenal got their first points on the board it should be all up from now.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great atmosphere at the game yesterday. As always I went to the supporters club first, which is by the old stadium, and had a couple of pints and a chinwag with some fans. I decided to walk to the ground a bit earlier than usual, as we we were all issued new members cards, which are now used for entry, and I could foresee  some teething problems. As I was walking round the perimeter of the Emirates at 2.15. an almighty roar erupted from within, as though we had just scored a goal, quickly followed by the old chant of "Viera, woah Viera!". It sounded as though the stadium was already full and we had scored. When I got in I found the concourse was rammed with fans who had arrived early to take advantage of the bogof for beers, up to an hour before KO, and the Palace v Spurs match was on all the screens, which of course Palace won, and our old captain is now managing :)  . So the fans were in great heart, and carried this forward at the start of the game, which made for an electric atmosphere!

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am really sorry I like and admire Ronaldo and do see him as being one of the best two footballers of this generation . Yet I am now very bored with the stupid over the top coverage that has been going on for days . Man Utd according to some will now win all competitions they are in and will take over the world by the end of the season . Well a good signing but sorry not that good and all they beat was Newcastle at home not Manchester City or Chelsea .
😂

I never knew your real name was Trevor Sinclair.

Absolutely loving the coverage myself.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
😂

I never knew your real name was Trevor Sinclair.

Absolutely loving the coverage myself.
You must be. I know I would want to know all about a player who left my team to better his career and then returned at the end of it for half a million a week. I would relish those 13 separate Mail headlines trying to convince me that it is something other than that.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the space of 24 hours Trevor Sinclair went from "final piece of the jig-saw, he will guarantee the goals to finally secure a Champions League win for Man City" to "he's 36, not the player he was, and his legs wont be up to the pace of the Premier League".

It was glorious to listen to. Absolutely loving it.

• Haha
Reactions: Bazzer

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tomiyasu looks like he could be a great addition Colin.
Yes he had a pretty good debut, but there were a few errors as well, he acquitted himself well, especially as he had only had one or two training sessions with the team.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Couldn't sleep yesterday morning so got up early and as I often do on a Saturday watched an old "Big Match" episode from 1975 on BT Sport, dear old Brian Moore doing the honours.  I love a trip down memory lane and the games on offer including Arsenal v Liverpool and Stoke City v Man City were well worth it. The contrast between modern day "carpet" pitches and the mud patches back then is so striking. The Highbury pitch from February was an absolute bog, and Stoke City's was no better. I would love to see how Cristiano, Mo, Romalu et al would have fared back then.  

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
In the space of 24 hours Trevor Sinclair went from "final piece of the jig-saw, he will guarantee the goals to finally secure a Champions League win for Man City" to "he's 36, not the player he was, and his legs wont be up to the pace of the Premier League".

It was glorious to listen to. Absolutely loving it.
Fortunately, I haven't heard that, though I did hear a lot of United fans talking about tainted legacies, despite him not being a United player for nearly 2 decades. I personally would much rather continue with Ferran Torres and bring through Liam Delap than buy someone like Ronaldo, fabulous player though he undoubtedly had been. Still, the tribalism of football will always stop us seeing the truth, at times. Personally, I relish United failing - a legacy of a club authorised banner at Old Trafford counting the number of years since a City league win; rarely have I seen something so petty and disrespectful being authorised by a club. Needless to say, I hope this season is also a failure for you but not as much as I hope it is a success for my team.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well a good performance by Liverpool even though we wasted far too many chances. Very sad for Elliot looks to be a very bad break which will keep him for some time. His return to Liverpool this season has been a huge bonus just hope his recovery is both simple and quick with no detrimental long term effects YNWA.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well a good performance by Liverpool even though we wasted far too many chances. Very sad for Elliot looks to be a very bad break which will keep him for some time. His return to Liverpool this season has been a huge bonus just hope his recovery is both simple and quick with no detrimental long term effects YNWA.
Such a shame for a young player breaking through to have this. I wish him the strength to fight his way back.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fortunately, I haven't heard that, though I did hear a lot of United fans talking about tainted legacies, despite him not being a United player for nearly 2 decades. I personally would much rather continue with Ferran Torres and bring through Liam Delap than buy someone like Ronaldo, fabulous player though he undoubtedly had been. Still, the tribalism of football will always stop us seeing the truth, at times. Personally, I relish United failing - a legacy of a club authorised banner at Old Trafford counting the number of years since a City league win; rarely have I seen something so petty and disrespectful being authorised by a club. Needless to say, I hope this season is also a failure for you but not as much as I hope it is a success for my team.
Likewise 😂 ( though I'm getting more and more convinced that we'll be both looking up at Chelsea come May )

Reactions: oldius

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well quicker than anyone thought the all conquering Man Utd have been laid laid low by the mighty european giants Young Boys of Berne . So after a mighty win against the strong rivals of Newcastle they are now facing the reality signing a single player does not make any team .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles