Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sadly memories of how it was and what was important years ago is not longer relevant in football . Those clubs with the most money and being prepared to spend it will rise to the top because they will attract the best players. This has always been the case and if you view across Europe it is the case for any league.

Local players give local supporters that extra pride and feeling that they care a little bit more and it makes them special but the days of a player like Carragher staying at the one club is getting less likely each year. Even Gerrard was allowed to go because the club would not consider the money needed to keep him .

Players will move for a number of different reasons some times just for the money (Steve McMananaman you know who you are) others will move in order to win things which is a little more acceptable to some . I have no problems what they move for so long as they are honest and just say I have just doubled my wages , I have just signed for a club that will win honours this year what annoys the hell out of me is saying things like its not the money , or I just need a new challenge . Just be straight .

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well played Brentford, a great start to your Premier season…

I haven’t a clue where Arsenal can go under the Kroenke’s, apart from further down tbh..  :(

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not a good place to go first game.  Before the match I wanted Brentford to win but when it started I was behind Arsenal ?  Lived with an Arsenal fan & so it must be some deep subconscious thing, .. maybe cos I've watched them so many times   xD   You could do alot worse than grabbing Hause from Villa ?  M.

Reactions: Devil

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Same old, from Arsenal, lots of possession, no cutting edge, 22 shots, only 4 on target! Terrible defensively as usual. But well done Brentford it was a great occasion, and you deserved your success.

Not sure where we go from here, as long as the Kroenkes stay as owners, we are going to have to accept mediocrity.  We have Chelsea and Man city next, so probably nil points from 3 games, and rock bottom. It will be a long season I fear :(  

• Sad

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Always thought it was going to be tricky one for the Arsenal, especially after watching the 2-2 friendly at Old Trafford a few weeks ago where Brentford looked decent.

Old rivalries will resurface this lunchtime at Old Trafford when we take on Leeds. One things for sure, if United are to muster a decent challenge for the title this season  then our home form has to significantly improve on last season where our record was awful. With crowds back swaying refs I'm sure it will  (see also Anfield)  ;) xD .

• Haha
Reactions: greybeard

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Sadly memories of how it was and what was important years ago is not longer relevant in football . Those clubs with the most money and being prepared to spend it will rise to the top because they will attract the best players. This has always been the case and if you view across Europe it is the case for any league.

Local players give local supporters that extra pride and feeling that they care a little bit more and it makes them special but the days of a player like Carragher staying at the one club is getting less likely each year. Even Gerrard was allowed to go because the club would not consider the money needed to keep him .

Players will move for a number of different reasons some times just for the money (Steve McMananaman you know who you are) others will move in order to win things which is a little more acceptable to some . I have no problems what they move for so long as they are honest and just say I have just doubled my wages , I have just signed for a club that will win honours this year what annoys the hell out of me is saying things like its not the money , or I just need a new challenge . Just be straight .
In the case of Grealish, he was offered more money to stay at Villa than his salary at City, allegedly.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Always thought it was going to be tricky one for the Arsenal, especially after watching the 2-2 friendly at Old Trafford a few weeks ago where Brentford looked decent.

Old rivalries will resurface this lunchtime at Old Trafford when we take on Leeds. One things for sure, if United are to muster a decent challenge for the title this season  then our home form has to significantly improve on last season where our record was awful. With crowds back swaying refs I'm sure it will  (see also Anfield)  ;) xD .
See penalty awards for evidence of a lack of crowd influence. 

Though we do know that Liverpool were affected more by the loss of the crowds than anyone else, it will be interesting to see how the season goes in this regard. ;)

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good win for United today but if there's one team who's style is perfect for United to play against, it must be Leeds.

Sad to see both sets of scrotes fighting in Manchester city centre pre-match. FFS grow up  :(

• Upvote

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Villa second best all over the park. Disjointed & slow. Looked like they just met.  Well done Watford, who were fitter & had more desire. Similar to the Brentford game really.  Europe...your avin a larf. Mid table  :)

• Sad

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well Liverpool were pants ground out a win . Mo was fouled in the box and did not go down but no one will notice . Hopefully we can improve we need to .

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well Liverpool were pants ground out a win . Mo was fouled in the box and did not go down but no one will notice . Hopefully we can improve we need to .
I am concerned now where my club sit in the grand scheme of things ?    xD    Never in 50 yrs have I been able  to say Villa were pants today....after winning 3-0 away from home.

Reactions: bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am concerned now where my club sit in the grand scheme of things ?    xD    Never in 50 yrs have I been able  to say Villa were pants today....after winning 3-0 away from home.
Please take this the in the right way and not as me being other than honest . I have watched Liverpool over fifty years and for forty of those I have been a season ticket holder . I have watched Liverpool win the league , win the Champions league and lots of other trophies . I have seen Liverpool be superb and lose and I have seen them be pants and win . I know the difference this is not being critical of other teams or comparing this is just about for me at least Liverpool . We were sloppy gave the ball away too many times and did not convert the chances we had . Norwich were allowed too much space and if they had any player with the ability to finish that could have been a very different game .

I am thrilled the we won and I know that the scoreline looks convincing , it was not we had some good patches but if we have to play a good quality side then that performance will not result in us getting another win . If we want to win the league then we have to improve and we have to play better. That is the standard this team has already set and fell short of last year , no excuses we were not good enough except to finish third with no trophies . If we want this season to be better then we have to be better.

Reactions: garn63

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Right after what seems an incredible amount of time I will be back to watch Liverpool live at Anfield today . It is going to be very strange . Typical first game weather rain and plenty of it with a bit of luck it might stop before the game , and then they will still water the pitch you could not make this up .

Liverpool should be as a team focused and helped by what I expect to be a very vocal crowd , it will be nice to see away fans back in the stadium as well .

Fingers crossed this will be one of our better games and hopefully the right result . The team will improve and we will get better but given the constant football many have been playing with little or no rest it will take time .

Good luck to all supporting their team today it is good to have real games back and lets just hope our result is what most Liverpool fans are hoping for .

• Upvote

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well another good result but lots of room for improvement . Getting in the ground was a shit show and needs to be improved and quickly. Elliot played well and gives me a good feeling for the future. I will never understand why after whole game of pushing your opponent in the back every Burnley player was surprised that a foul was given. Two games two wins and no goals conceded it could be worse. 

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not looking forward to this afternoons game against Chelsea, I have no confidence in my team at the present time. Too much tippy tappy football, and no cutting edge, is all I have seen in pre season, and against Brentford, could be a long season unless they up their game. COYG!

• Upvote

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Agreed, there seems to be no plan B whatsoever! No physical presence or leaders on the pitch, an easily bullied defence, and a transfer policy that no one outside of the club can understand at all..

The only good news is that we’re such the underdogs at the moment, any point will seem a positive going forward… 😥

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's shocking. There seems to be a big disconnect between the fans & Kronkes ideas. Vote with your feet & get him out. He's buggering up a great club.

• Upvote

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online