NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Everton, a great comeback! See you next season, and of course this Sunday :)
Are you going Colin ?, if so can you sign me in the supporters club after the match. My hotel is by kings cross and I need to take my time going back with Everton, Leeds and Man U. all in London.
Seriously , I’m hoping to go for a pint in The Woodbine, I had one mate that lived on Highbury hill and another on the far corner of Gillespie road, we went in the Woodbine before Springsteen at The Emirates.

Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Everton happy that you have survived . Sorry that you chose to invade the pitch both at the end and during the game . This is just going to be another stick to beat fans with . No doubt while wringing their hands that wonderful upstanding organisation the FA will find ways to make us all pay .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you going Colin ?, if so can you sign me in the supporters club after the match. My hotel is by kings cross and I need to take my time going back with Everton, Leeds and Man U. all in London.
Seriously , I’m hoping to go for a pint in The Woodbine, I had one mate that lived on Highbury hill and another on the far corner of Gillespie road, we went in the Woodbine before Springsteen at The Emirates.
Jon, yes I am going with my grandson. I will happily sign you in the supporters club afterwards, it is on the corner of St Thomas's Road, come out of Arsenal Tube and turn left, then about 400 yds on your left. It is very small, and as you can imagine gets very busy, no seating either, but the weather looks good so we can always stand outside, if you would prefer. I'll pm you my phone number.

Reactions: Bazzer

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Everton happy that you have survived . Sorry that you chose to invade the pitch both at the end and during the game . This is just going to be another stick to beat fans with . No doubt while wringing their hands that wonderful upstanding organisation the FA will find ways to make us all pay .

Pitch invasions seem to be the new flavour of the month. That young Everton fan picked on the wrong bloke there with Patrick Viera.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a Man Utd fan all I can say is thank goodness this season is coming to an end tomorrow. The last 4 months have been as bad as I can ever remember, including the 73/74 relegation season. At least we can look forward to our new Dutch coach turning it around next season..

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Aye well not PL but I’m having a weekend in London for the League 1 playoff final. Great night last night, hoping the hangover will be less severe by lunchtime but well up for having another one tomorrow after celebrating a great win for Sunderland 🤞

B9BBA7AD-2458-41AB-9F8B-BD1974D1769A.jpeg

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Aye well not PL but I’m having a weekend in London for the League 1 playoff final. Great night last night, hoping the hangover will be less severe by lunchtime but well up for having another one tomorrow after celebrating a great win for Sunderland 🤞

B9BBA7AD-2458-41AB-9F8B-BD1974D1769A.jpeg
If nothing else, that stadium deserves a higher level of football. I think Sunderland have done something to offend the football gods though, and your time in the relative wilderness might go on a bit longer.

We royally f'ed up our opportunity to get into the playoffs on the last day so good luck to everyone else!

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
spent some time sharing a table with some overjoyed Sunderland fans in The Queens Head and Artichoke last night. They were polite enough to wish my team the best in their quest for 4th

Last edited:
Reactions: garn63 and Sumdumgi

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well..I fancied us today. BUT I should have known better. I know it was City but a mental toughness is missing at the Villa. We are a top 10 side that dont have the nous or toughness to close a tight game. It's hard to teach.
Roll on next season. Miss the drama footy brings and this afternoon certainly had that. UTV.
* Great day for all the good people of Sunderland yesterday. My kind of town :)

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very good end of season display by Arsenal, and nice to see a few goals go in, even if it was to no avail, but we only have ourselves to blame for that. As the youngest side in the Premier league, and bottom after 3 games, 5th was a respectable position at the end of the day.
It was great to catch up with Jon, an Everton fan and a Wammer. We enjoyed a couple of pints in the Arsenal supporters club after the game.
Not sure what to do with my weekends now, roll on August!!
1653389013155.png

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Boubacar Kamara..on a free transfer ? :) James Tarkowski (maybe) on a free too ? Good business for the Villa and happy we can now entice these players to our club. UTV.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a neutral, I am looking forward to the Champions league Final. On paper Liverpool are the better team, but Ancelotti is a wily old manager, and going for a record 4th win in this competition, so all set up nicely. May the best team win!

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I Hope Bournemouth Does well Congrats to them for getting there once again. This Time without Eddie (local Team not into football But really hope they do well.. )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles