Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nerves are shredded waiting for the final tonight . On this seasons form and performances Liverpool are the much better side and should win this easily . But things are never like that against Real and they will have a period at some point in the game when they can put another magic spell in and take the game away . Liverpool being Liverpool will not make this simple and there will be many clutching their chest for the latest heart attack induced by this team . I hope that at least it is great game of football and is decided on football merit either way and not some poor decisions or yet another penalty shoot out .

Reactions: greybeard

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Nerves are shredded waiting for the final tonight . On this seasons form and performances Liverpool are the much better side and should win this easily . But things are never like that against Real and they will have a period at some point in the game when they can put another magic spell in and take the game away . Liverpool being Liverpool will not make this simple and there will be many clutching their chest for the latest heart attack induced by this team . I hope that at least it is great game of football and is decided on football merit either way and not some poor decisions or yet another penalty shoot out .
All you can hope for is fairness and that the best team wins. Liverpool should be favourites but Real have a horrible habit of winning CL games when they are the inferior side. Good luck.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not a great effort by Liverpool last night and in the end they have no one to blame but themselves for poor finishing . At least there was a real finish to the game in normal time .

I see the name calling and blame for the problems at the stadium have started to layed on the Liverpool fans and UEFA and French Authorities have started to write their own narrative .

Strange that there were very different approaches to the Real and Liverpool fans . Real side no restrictions to the entrance to that end except the normal expected checks for bags and tickets at the gate fences on the perimeter of the ground. Liverpool all fans pushed in to a small waiting (a closed road) with only a single exit and that reduced by parking two police vans to narrow the gap . No surprise then that caused a bottle neck and a huge build up of fans unable to get through . Only when they had used tear gas for little apparent reason and when it became clear they could not clear the crowds was this removed and fans were allowed to get to the multiple gates in the perimeter fence (as per the Real end) did the bottle neck ease and fans able to get access . It would seem this had been evident for over two hours before the kick of but organisers chose to not do anything earlier and until it became obvious that the kick had to be delayed .

Here is a on the scene account from Sky reporter out in the crowd which I am sure will be ignored and the UEFA it wasnt me guv and the French Police we were forced to do it honest stories will be believed .

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...weve-been-teargassed-for-no-reason-whatsoever

Stargazer

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2015
Devon
AKA
Victor
Liverpool started well creating some chances, but Real rode it out first half and then Real found their 'mojo' second half , became the better team and beat Liverpool. Real had to beat some very tough competition to get to the final and Liverpool was the final push. For me Real grew during the match and played some very good football second half, and their goalie became a true hero....

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That goalkeeper is the tallest, most agile, and I wondered where Liverpool would have to put the ball to score. He won the game for them.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know he got the Golden Boot again but Mo Sarah isn't a natural goalscorer IMO , he is a wonderful player but misses far too many chances , he should be getting 40 a season .
Three cup finals for Liverpool and no goals .
Looked like Carlo employed the old Catenacccio method which brought the usual end product a 1-0 win .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles