oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
For those interested in such things, this guy is worth looking at on Twitter @bluecitybrain

He is in the process of analysing the net spend of all PL clubs over a five year period. His information is always insightful.
1660717587132.png

stylesound

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2009
Kendal, Cumbria ,
AKA
Mike
For those interested in such things, this guy is worth looking at on Twitter @bluecitybrain

He is in the process of analysing the net spend of all PL clubs over a five year period. His information is always insightful.
1660717587132.png
Most interesting but would be nice to read in conjuction with the current market value of each teams playing squad. Then we could judge such things as have the clubs bought wisely, have they enhanced players value by good coaching, player potential etc..

Reactions: oldius

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Most interesting but would be nice to read in conjuction with the current market value of each teams playing squad. Then we could judge such things as have the clubs bought wisely, have they enhanced players value by good coaching, player potential etc..
Check out his Twitter feed - he is a bit of a 'Stato'.

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Thanks for the information, looks like Arsenal are the top net spenders, yet have (so far) failed to get into the top four.

This has surely been the result of having inexperienced people in charge of transfers and the team.

I think at last they’ve acquired the necessary skills to takes us forward and I think this season will be a breakthrough wrt players, results and most importantly consistency.

However this has been a long, frustrating and expensive process, and like ManU not necessarily a successful one.

Reactions: greybeard

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Thanks for the information, looks like Arsenal are the top net spenders, yet have (so far) failed to get into the top four.

This has surely been the result of having inexperienced people in charge of transfers and the team.

I think at last they’ve acquired the necessary skills to takes us forward and I think this season will be a breakthrough wrt players, results and most importantly consistency.

However this has been a long, frustrating and expensive process, and like ManU not necessarily a successful one.
I was surprised about Arsenal but this information is not readily available. It looks like you are getting it right though and I know that Zinchenko and Jesus are both excellent acquisitions. City fans are definitely hoping that you make top 4 and they, and Arteta, are really appreciated by City fans, as is Sterling at Chelsea.

Reactions: Devil

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
1660729310125.png

This is the level of detail he goes in to. Every club has the same criteria applied to it.

Reactions: Devil

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I suppose of little interest to other clubs fans but it is sad that due to rivalry this is the case . In most of my dealing with Liverpool the Club I have had very little respect for their attitude or their seeing fans as nothing but cash cow customers and have made this plain to both any correspondence with the club or in conversation with other fans .

Well for once I have to applaud the Club for making a promise and commitment after the European Super League debacle and doing what they promised . This will not be perfect and will need to be changed and adapted for the future but it is the first of its type in the PL and certainly the first among the bigger clubs in the league . I would hope that this will not be a lone gesture but something viewed and taken up by other clubs and added to their make up and structure .

Reactions: Devil and oldius

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh dear. Bullied for 90 mins. Palace deserved their win. Unfortunately our new defensive signing is out for the season. What we have simply isn't good enough.
UTV.
* Just heard we have had a bid for Ismael Sarr accepted by Watford. There could be something in Evertons supposed interest in Ollie Watkins @Bazzer ?

Last edited:

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh dear. Bullied for 90 mins. Palace deserved their win. Unfortunately our new defensive signing is out for the season. What we have simply isn't good enough.
UTV.
* Just heard we have had a bid for Ismael Sarr accepted by Watford. There could be something in Evertons supposed interest in Ollie Watkins @Bazzer ?

I don't think Sarr is going to help the obvious weakness in our midfield or at defending set pieces. Curious bid, although I hope someone knows what they are doing.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't think Sarr is going to help the obvious weakness in our midfield or at defending set pieces. Curious bid, although I hope someone knows what they are doing.
Would like to see us become meaner defensively & take it from there. They are not tough enough are they.
Guess Sarr is for Traore who's off ? Unless the plan is to have a huge mid table squad :)

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would like to see us become meaner defensively & take it from there. They are not tough enough are they.
Guess Sarr is for Traore who's off ? Unless the plan is to have a huge mid table squad :)
I've just been watching one of the podcasts after the match they are now thinking after the next 3 matches we will have 3 points from our first 6 games, which now seems realistic seeing West Ham, Arsenal and Man City are next. It seems they got bullied today and looking at that team you can believe it.

I've yet to be convinced over this transfer window, Carlos, yes, but he's out now, Buendia and Coutinho are good footballers but too light when there's a lack of steel in midfield at places like Palace.

It could be a long hard season if Gerard doesn't get someone in midfield to do a bit of bullying or he needs to change some tactics to better suit who he has at his disposal.

Reactions: deggie

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
What a difference a year makes, last year 3 defeats, this year 3 wins. The transformation in Arsenal is truly amazing, their attitude is, so far, amazing. The 3 new recruits have taken us to the next level technically and also mentally. Today some of the football was excellent, the attitude excellent, the only disappointment was, we only scored 3 goals. I know its early days and there are much harder games to come, but for the first time in years I am excited by this team. COYG!!

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Newcastle v Man City what a game, it had everything, some great goals, amazing end to end football, fantastic atmosphere, and some controversy. I doubt there will be a better game all season, well done to both teams, for serving up some great entertainment, neither team deserved to lose, so a fair result.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hopefully , any forward will do right now , 19 shots at goal on Saturday and apart from the one on one with the keeper none of them look capable of scoring .

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Newcastle were very dangerous yesterday, helped by a bit of sloppiness from City. Haaland is deadly and when he is more consistently found by our attacking midfielders, who are yet to be truly up to speed, he will score a hatful. I thought it was the correct decision by VAR to overturn the red card - it wasn't dangerous and that was not the intent either.

Great to see Gabby and Zin tearing it up at Arsenal. They command a lot of respect among City fans, as does Arteta.

Reactions: greybeard