Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good result for The Arsenal, they looked very good in the first half, and dug in for most of the second half, and then a fortunate second goal finished Palace off. Saliba looks to be a class act, and Jesus is going to get a lot of goals methinks ! Onwards and upwards, I have a ticket for next weeks game against Leicester, and have to say I am looking forward to it!

Reactions: Devil and Tarzan

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Good result for The Arsenal, they looked very good in the first half, and dug in for most of the second half, and then a fortunate second goal finished Palace off. Saliba looks to be a class act, and Jesus is going to get a lot of goals methinks ! Onwards and upwards, I have a ticket for next weeks game against Leicester, and have to say I am looking forward to it!
Agreed- still a very young team mind.......

Reactions: greybeard

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Well, with all the money they’ve spent, the great and early transfers (for a change), they’ve made.
Surely a top 4 finish is the minimum we expect this season, there can’t be any more ‘transition period’ or rookie manager excuses going forward. There’s even a good depth of squad now!
I’m feeling optimistic, that at last we can deliver consistently, the performances that have been lacking over the past years.. 👍😀

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Man United visit Premiership newcomers Brentford on Saturday with many onlookers probably thinking they are vulnerable after their display in losing to Brighton at home for the first time in their history.
Form may be temporary but class is permanent, and, if they start the only proven striker in their midst tomorrow, instead of leaving him on the bench for half the match whilst Fernandez and Rashford blazed wide, they should comfortably beat the home side. Ronaldo will score one.

Dont forget United's surprisingly good away record last season.

Should they manage not to concede an early goal, the longer it goes on the more likely Man U are to win.

Ive had a small interest at 2.08.

Jack NSM

Reactions: DIB

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I couldn't wait for the season to begin, which has been the same way since I was a boy. I am fortunate to support one of the favourites for the league and fascinated to see the impact the new players have on the team - the first game bodes well and Haaland, especially, looks dynamite, but Alvarez and Phillips look good buys too. I wish Gabriel Jesus and Oleks Zinchenko all the best at Arsenal and thank them for their contribution to several successful seasons. Best wishes to Raheem too, who has eloquently described his reasons for moving on, and chose the right time. After 131 goals and 94 assists, his contribution was immense and will always be remembered fondly by any true City fan. We now have a squad of extreme quality, but a relatively small one. I hope for a couple of full-backs to augment Walker and Cancelo or, preferably for me, a decision to promote WIlson-Esbrand and RIco Lewis to proper game time. With the former coming off a year of injury and the latter just 17 (CIty and England U18 captain) it is unlikely.

For all teams, I hope their players remain injury free in what will be a uniquely challenging year.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope for a couple of full-backs to augment Walker and Cancelo
" Manchester City have agreed a fee for Anderlecht left-back Sergio Gomez, who won their Player of the Year award last season "

Reactions: oldius

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Villa v Everton :)
Two former greats who seem to be struggling to find an identity on the park. Great fanbases but what that means to our players has me scratching my head ? Both teams seem to be under scrutiny and it doesn't help when you lose a couple a games.
Big game that could go either way and I am looking forward to it. The expectation that we might put in a display, but that nagging doubt that we are very capable of also dishing up a damp squib. The ridiculous highs & lows of following football eh.
UTV.

Reactions: greybeard

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Two former greats who seem to be struggling to find an identity on the park. Great fanbases but what that means to our players has me scratching my head ? Both teams seem to be under scrutiny and it doesn't help when you lose a couple a games.
Big game that could go either way and I am looking forward to it. The expectation that we might put in a display, but that nagging doubt that we are very capable of also dishing up a damp squib. The ridiculous highs & lows of following football eh.
UTV.
BBC weather forecast for Witton is 31 degs. at 13.00 tomorrow, could be a bit sweaty in the Doug Ellis upper stand.

Reactions: garn63

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
BBC weather forecast for Witton is 31 degs. at 13.00 tomorrow, could be a bit sweaty in the Doug Ellis upper stand.
You going ? I can remember in the old terrace days that the "claret" paint would be on my hands and clothes on extremely hot days at Villa Park.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
UTV.
Everton have been signing defenders like nobody knows , match that with no forwards and it's going to be 0-0 , bit like last week except for a moment of stupidness in the penalty area .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's nothing, 35-37c tomorrow at the Emirates! 🥵 Its going to be unbearable, unless of course we hammer Leicester :) I am up for the Everton game in September, are you going Jon?

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everton have been signing defenders like nobody knows , match that with no forwards and it's going to be 0-0 , bit like last week except for a moment of stupidness in the penalty area .
We offered no attacking threat at all for 90 mins the other day ? Tell them new lads to bring a packed lunch :)
* We had two moments of stupidness last wknd. Beat ya !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bazzer

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's nothing, 35-37c tomorrow at the Emirates! 🥵 Its going to be unbearable, unless of course we hammer Leicester :) I am up for the Everton game in September, are you going Jon?
I am Colin , it’s been difficult to sort out transport due to Avanti being useless. I’m going to Corinthian-Casuals on Saturday afternoon then straight home on the official coach after the match on Sunday. Rain check on the next pint 🍺

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am Colin , it’s been difficult to sort out transport due to Avanti being useless. I’m going to beautiful Aston on Saturday afternoon then straight home on the official coach after the match on Sunday. Rain check on the next pint 🍺
It should be nice for you...picnicking in the park if you have time ?

• Haha
Reactions: lower bullens

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles