oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
" Manchester City have agreed a fee for Anderlecht left-back Sergio Gomez, who won their Player of the Year award last season "
I saw that and he looks a talented young player. He plays mainly at LB but has also played RB, RM and LM at Anderlecht. He looks pacy and good on the ball but less able defensively, which is pretty much a vital statistic of City full-backs!

• Haha
Reactions: Bazzer

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, am glad we had the second in the bag. Think we edged it today and having some quality subs certainly helps. Buendia was a handful, very much in the mould of Couthino. Ramsey is some prospect too.
Everton will be ok and will have liked the look of their new big lad up front. He's quick too.
UTV.

Reactions: griffo104

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Man United visit Premiership newcomers Brentford on Saturday with many onlookers probably thinking they are vulnerable after their display in losing to Brighton at home for the first time in their history.
Form may be temporary but class is permanent, and, if they start the only proven striker in their midst tomorrow, instead of leaving him on the bench for half the match whilst Fernandez and Rashford blazed wide, they should comfortably beat the home side. Ronaldo will score one.

Dont forget United's surprisingly good away record last season.

Should they manage not to concede an early goal, the longer it goes on the more likely Man U are to win.

Ive had a small interest at 2.08.

Jack NSM
Pity you conceded after 10 minutes then, it could have all been so different. Brentford aren’t Premier League newcomers by the way.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great day at the Emirates yesterday, even if it did reach the high 30'sC. It's early days but I am liking what I see. Jesus has been a revelation, and Martinelli what a young talent he is becoming.

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Great day at the Emirates yesterday, even if it did reach the high 30'sC. It's early days but I am liking what I see. Jesus has been a revelation, and Martinelli what a young talent he is becoming.

Shhhh Colin. :)

Got to say how woeful Man U were at Brentford Saturday, holy cow.:oops:

Reactions: greybeard

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everton will be ok and will have liked the look of their new big lad up front. He's quick too.
I take it you mean Onana , he's a midfielder and hopefully going to be a star , desperately need to sign a forward soon .

Reactions: garn63

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anthony Taylor is an arse. How is grabbing someone by their too much hair and throwing them to the ground not a foul? Absurd decision.
I did see it on match of the day, what is the point of VAR?

Liverpool only drew at home against Palace, a bit disappointing, lets hope they are better next match.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
City have now completed the signing of Sergio Gomez, from Anderlecht, for 11m. He looks a very tidy prospect and represented Spain at all youth levels, winning the Silver Ball as the second best player in the U17 World Cup, behind England's Phil Foden. He is now a left back, having also played on the right and in attacking midfield during his career to date.

Last edited:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fully agree but take exception to the use of the word fan as they are neither fans nor friends to the club that make these stupid comments . Sadly for every sensible fan (last night the idiot that ran on the pitch was given dogs abuse by all of the fans around me for going on the pitch and being an idiot) the people that do this are often not ones that really support the club and do all of football and Liverpool the team a great disservice . Sadly almost all clubs have the same sort of idiot that claim they are fans in truth they never were and never will be.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Fully agree but take exception to the use of the word fan as they are neither fans nor friends to the club that make these stupid comments . Sadly for every sensible fan (last night the idiot that ran on the pitch was given dogs abuse by all of the fans around me for going on the pitch and being an idiot) the people that do this are often not ones that really support the club and do all of football and Liverpool the team a great disservice . Sadly almost all clubs have the same sort of idiot that claim they are fans in truth they never were and never will be.
Indeed. Nobody who truly supports the game would ever think of threatening a player or his family.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry Paul but you do not seem to have ever watched Duncan live when the head was given nothing like that one his was a real Glasgow kiss . Watching it last night and later on replay Nunez was silly and just walked straight in to the defender there was just straight momentum no drawing the head back and going for it what the great Duncan was noted for . Did you hear the true story that while he was in Liverpool some foolhardy chaps decided to break in and when Duncan called the police they said we will give you twenty minutes before we come and collect the culprits . I believe that after Duncans gentle ministration they decided to give up crime .

By the way not excusing Nunez or suggesting it was not a red card just that there was not that much violence in the action despite still that is doing the rounds which makes it look much worse than it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.