👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all,

Been a little while since I've posted some updates but I have been very busy with Uni and work. Even still a lot has gone on in the background.

- Sorted the site being blocked by anti virus services, this was a false positive as the site is clean.
- Emails going to spam. This is now fixed and emails will arrive in your inbox unless you have a setting stating otherwise.
- 100% uptime since the hosting migration.
- Classifieds now has the minimum 10post requirements after its brief blip.
- Spam prevention has been upgraded.
- a lot of minor bug fixes/tweaks relating to previous forum software.

All the best,

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all,

Been a little while since I've posted some updates but I have been very busy with Uni and work. Even still a lot has gone on in the background.

- Sorted the site being blocked by anti virus services, this was a false positive as the site is clean.
- Emails going to spam. This is now fixed and emails will arrive in your inbox unless you have a setting stating otherwise.

All the best,
Hi Roo,
Im still having problems with the antivirus. I get messages all the time, it’s really annoying.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very bizarre, the only thing I could suggest is to open a ticket with your provider and report the problem.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very bizarre, the only thing I could suggest is to open a ticket with your provider and report the problem.
3 different anti virus are flagging this up still. So there must be something amiss. Never had this on any other sites. I will try to report it, never done that before, so not sure how to do it.

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all,

All the best,
Yep,fixed my emails going to spam, all good now, thanks Roo

Reactions: Roo

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This ad today was from a member with no history.
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/kef-r3s-in-walnut.108172/

I still get quite frequent requests to ‘press back, then reload as we have a security issue’ or words to that effect. Usually when I look at a tab on my iPad after a period away from the Wam. Not a big deal, but since I’m writing…

BTW, generally things are much better, thank you, Roo. And I enjoy the Dark Mode as it’s more restful on the eyes.

Cheers, Nick

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This ad today was from a member with no history.
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/kef-r3s-in-walnut.108172/

I still get quite frequent requests to ‘press back, then reload as we have a security issue’ or words to that effect. Usually when I look at a tab on my iPad after a period away from the Wam. Not a big deal, but since I’m writing…

BTW, generally things are much better, thank you, Roo. And I enjoy the Dark Mode as it’s more restful on the eyes.

Cheers, Nick
this has been noted and some settings are being played with offline before they go live.

Reactions: Tony_J

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last edited:

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having trouble commenting on my Pc I can not access any part of the site on my Pc as my internet service keeps coming up saying that this site has a trogon virus .
I use AGV and it’s up to date so not sure what is happening with this site at the moment but can go on to this site with my iPad with no issues .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having trouble commenting on my Pc I can not access any part of the site on my Pc as my internet service keeps coming up saying that this site has a trogon virus .
I use AGV and it’s up to date so not sure what is happening with this site at the moment but can go on to this site with my iPad with no issues .
Yes this been going on for weeks. aVG say there is a script code inside the JS file which is triggering it as Trojan. There are several other posts about this. Roo says it’s being sorted out.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everything has been sorted, we are working on clearing things up a lot so just hold with us incase warnings start appearing again. Hopefully they wont.

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to this years *checks notes" iO Show?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles