Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm well out of my depth here, so -

I’ve just switched on my new to me valve amp and after about 10 seconds or so, one of the 6C45N-E tubes got brighter and brighter and after a small flash is, alas, no more.

So, does anybody have a spare (pair) kicking about that they would like to sell me, or are there any widely used equivalents that I should know about and you could sell me ?

I knew there was a bloody good reason that I never used frickin' tube amps
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

enrae8

T otally W asted A t T imes
Wammer Plus
Sep 8, 2012
Blackpool
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Are the valves 6C45Π - I have some 6C45P,I think the P is the equivalent of the cyrillic letter ?
I can dig them out and post a pic

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Pretty sure I have some spares about as well but where is a mystery if you run into a blank.

Nice sounding tube imo. Apparently hard to implement well as has a tendency to oscillation if I remember correctly.

Edit there are some interesting hard to find early versions about can't remember if from Sovtek or Reflector which have internal gold or platinum grid supports definitely not Electro Harmonix who just platted the tube pins I believe.

You may also be able to use 6S15P as a substitute but would ideally need to check with the amps designer first it was ok to do so in my amp.

Last edited:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cyrillic characters are enormous fun. Somewhere in the garage there is a large box of about 250 low plate voltage single diodes. Because I mistranslated :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JamieMcC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles