This is the Day….
Wammer Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Aberdeenshire
AKA
Angus
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
First turntable for me as well - bought from Comet in Leicester.......................wow that takes me back. Glad you're in remission
Same here from Comet then on to an Ariston RD80 from Eric Wiley in Castleford, that’s a looong time ago. Also recovered from the C myself be 5 years this summer, ATB to you and @Rockchild

Reactions: trumpetman

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The old arm mountings have been filled it will take a rega or linn arm. It’s been sprayed , 4 coats of primer 4 coats of white. Unfortunately it has had some oil tarnish so could do with a re spray which is easy enough. It has a stacked birch plinth which you could finish yourself. have the connections for the back also. You can have this if you make a small donation to a charity of your choice, and pay for the postage. image.jpg

Steve Stifler

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2015
Leatherhead
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry to crash this thread. But…..

Shoutout for Macmillan. My OH received great support since 2017 and is now on the steering committee of the unit at the hospital where she had her op, radio and chemo. Can’t speak highly enough of this charity. Brilliant :)

Reactions: greggerypeccary

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry to bring this to the top
If the offer is still on let's get it done. If not I quite understand if logistics, life and work get in the way, no worries

@tackleberry please investigate pm system, I have had several pms from @pezo-kiddy and @I.D.S. in the last few days

We could switch to email if mods could forward mine to yours???

Cheers
trumpetman

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you can find an original Systemdek heavyweight which had a Nextel covering they go fairly cheap second hand.

Sound wise they are top notch (IMO better than a Linn or STD or any of the suspended subchassis turntables from 1970s with the exception of Pink Triangle and the Luxman 300 series.

The work required will be to dismantle - rub down and recover (vinyl wrap or respray) and reassemble.

You can then fit a Hercules electronic power supply for an electronic speed control and speed change if you wish (to change to 45 on the original is lift off the platter and move the belt to the 45 pulley).

I have two in the loft to redo - (when I ever get the garage cleared out) ,, 1646329007026.png

Reactions: AnilS and Rockchild

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An old AR might do or a low budget rega and make your own plinth and remount it all make it look more like a standard turntable , this seems to be a common favourite with people and isn’t to hard to do , if you can use a router get some nice laminated and use MDF or preferably plywood . Or you could search for an old origin live they used to come in kit form and you’d make your own plinthis etc you just need a good motor psu and bearing with sub platter .only other suggestion is a systemdek which are great turntables and can be picked up cheap and parts are readily available used or from audio note.

Reactions: AnilS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles