• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

AAAaaarrrrrrgghhhhh

Gaffer

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 22, 2005
433
59
0
South Blighty
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello again chaps......been away for loooong time (exams and work).

I've also had my hi-fi packed away (pending flat sale) for a month or so and prior to this about 25miles away (ie not immediately available) for record neigh on half a year now
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


Help. I'm having to rely on iTunes for my kicks.

I think I'm going mad.

Q: Anyone else had prolonged periods away from their loved one......erm.....i mean hifi?

How did you survive?

cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
:cs:
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif


 

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
2,802
2
0
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Been a few weeks without an amp, I've been using my iPod and iTunes on my PC and its kept me going nicely. I'm craving for a listen tosomenicely presented music though....will hopefullybe doing that on the 'morrow
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif


 

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
886
0
0
Here., ,
Sold my cdp & preamp in May... ordered a new cdp last week... using my iPod as a source all the time... which ain't too bad (using higher quality MP3s)...

...and I hope all this patience will mean my cdp upgrade is even more of an upgrade to my ears!

 

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
12,907
147
123
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boseman wrote:

Sold my cdp & preamp in May... ordered a new cdp last week... using my iPod as a source all the time... which ain't too bad (using higher quality MP3s)... ...and I hope all this patience will mean my cdp upgrade is even more of an upgrade to my ears!
Wadia 581?

 
M

Mr Coherent

Guest
When I spoke to Wadia 2 weeks ago they stated 'We've made all of the players' we are just having a few issues with the software that controls the servo drive'. shouldn't be log now
biggrin.png


 

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
14,024
130
123
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Like many I spend 2/3 days at a time away on business. I miss my family/home/music real bad. Have thought about investing in a Pod or the like but have formed the conclusion that absence really does make the heart grow fonder. But couldn't go more than 2/3 days - and am going to make sure that imminent new car has a half decent system.

 

Gaffer

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 22, 2005
433
59
0
South Blighty
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I do have an iPod but even that is a distinct seventh place c.f my hifi.

One thing you could do with our iPod though, is get your family to audio record messages as a podcast and then post it somewhere (eg via jellycast or dotmac). You can then download it when you're feelin' blue and are away from home for a long time.

Unfortunately my HiFi can't podcast me
sad.png


 

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
886
0
0
Here., ,
Papa Lazarou wrote:

boseman wrote:
Sold my cdp & preamp in May... ordered a new cdp last week... using my iPod as a source all the time... which ain't too bad (using higher quality MP3s)... ...and I hope all this patience will mean my cdp upgrade is even more of an upgrade to my ears!
Wadia 581?
YES
smile.png


 

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
886
0
0
Here., ,
Mr Coherent wrote:

When I spoke to Wadia 2 weeks ago they stated 'We've made all of the players' we are just having a few issues with the software that controls the servo drive'. shouldn't be log now
biggrin.png
Oh no!
sad.png


(I do have faith in Wadia's ability to sort this out & hopefully, I'll receive my player in OCT or I get my deposit back.)

 

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
11,690
4
0
, ,
boseman wrote:

Mr Coherent wrote:
When I spoke to Wadia 2 weeks ago they stated 'We've made all of the players' we are just having a few issues with the software that controls the servo drive'. shouldn't be log now
biggrin.png
(I do have faith in Wadia's ability to sort this out)
:rofl:got more chance of Rudie being next PR guy for Linn, than Wadia sorting itself out
smile.png


 
G

Guest

Guest
Davewhityetagain wrote:

boseman wrote:
Mr Coherent wrote:
When I spoke to Wadia 2 weeks ago they stated 'We've made all of the players' we are just having a few issues with the software that controls the servo drive'. shouldn't be log now
biggrin.png
(I do have faith in Wadia's ability to sort this out)
:rofl:got more chance of Rudie being next PR guy for Linn, than Wadia sorting itself out
smile.png
or a subwoofer sales man aye dave?

 

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
886
0
0
Here., ,
Cheers for the reassuring posts, MrC & Dave. :Upset:

Anyway, like most things in life, there's only one way to find out. Watch this space re the Wadia 581... like I said, I should get it by end of OCT or my money back...

...seeing as I am holiday in the UK for most of OCT, the wait shouldn't be a problem... let's hope the software isn't either!

 
M

Mr Coherent

Guest
Well Bosey, if your over here at that time and Wadia haven't *gone under or still waiting* then your welcome to come and listen to 581 and X-03se if you wish

Still coannot believe a compnay of Wadia's stature having so many *problems* and being nearly 10 months late with a product, we and truly missed the boat, and knocked their companys reputation into a small pile of pooh imo

 

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
8,201
88
0
Shropshire Borders,
Coming back to withdrawal symptoms, I had 3 months away from my stereo (which was then a Linn Axis, Rotel RC850 and pair of RB 850 power amps plus Kef Ref 104/2s) while training to be a sound recordist...

I had to drink to forget - numerous pints of Old Hooky. Eventually I bought a large Sharp boom box complete with X-bass. It was the biggest "stereo" I could fit on the back of my mosickle.

 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
108,230
Messages
2,291,750
Members
69,198
Latest member
Zymaze