Wammer
Nov 14, 2009
Gdynia,Poland
AKA
Kris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Gents,

The Majik I integrated would act as a preamp only connected via its preouts with The Majik 2100 power.

Will this marriage be a significant upgrade over the Majik I integrated alone?

Thanks for comments

zee9

Audio Junkie
Wammer
Oct 16, 2018
New Jersey, USA
AKA
Zorawar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A different sound it would be. The 2100 is faster and may sound clearer with Dynamik but it’s a different sound to the older amps.

Adsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/1 >> Tukans (Silvers/K400)

Elad Repooc

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2020
Pacific Northwest
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Majik I integrated would act as a preamp only connected via its preouts with The Majik 2100 power.
Which version of the Majik I, and 2100?

If both have Dynamik, they are going to sound similar but the 2100 will improve the performance in terms of tune. Not a lot, but it will be there.

If neither do, then it's the same difference.

If Majik-I has Dynamik (must be a newer one then, the older ones don't support Dynamik) and the 2100 does not, don't bother with the 2100 unless you want to purchase a Dynamik for it.

If the 2100 has Dynamik and the Majik-I does not then it will be a pretty noticeable difference as zee points out. It may or may not be to your liking depending on the speakers, but personally I like the faster, cleaner, punchier sound of the newer Chakra amps. The older amps sound a bit slower and "rounded" in comparison. Musical to be certain either way.

I am not sure which speakers you own but assuming the Majik-I and 2100 have the same relative gain then you can consider bi-amping. You would need to determine which versions of the electronics you own to see if this is possible.

Reactions: Tendaberry

huzy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2009
Gdynia,Poland
AKA
Kris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks,I do not intend to biamp.

What is the Dynamik bringing to the party as regards the Majik I integrated?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here's an alternate suggestion; get a Majik DSM. I think it will outperform any system you create around the Majik-I.

I recently bought and tested out a Majik DSM/3 ($2200). It was fantastic. Please see my signature for what I usually listen to.

The newer stuff is really good.

• Upvote
Reactions: Pennypacker

Pennypacker

d^_^b
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
Netherlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Here's an alternate suggestion; get a Majik DSM. I think it will outperform any system you create around the Majik-I.

I recently bought and tested out a Majik DSM/3 ($2200). It was fantastic. Please see my signature for what I usually listen to.

The newer stuff is really good.
The best option in my opinion, adding a really good streamer, every DSM or DSi has Dynamik as standard so no worries, shortest signal path so no need for a half decent interlink (think at least Linn Silver). And it ads Space Optimisation.

If I should start again in this product/price group a DSM or DSi would be top priority.

Reactions: akamatsu

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have an excellent MDSM/2 for sale. This setup will be sonically better than the one you propose, and depending on what speakers you have, offers the option of Exakt.

OldLinn

Wammer
Nov 8, 2019
Marlborough ish
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Until recently I used x4 LK100 power amps (Aktive of course)  but even with all the caps replaced (which to be fair was a massive upgrade) other bits began to die so I bit the bullet and bought x2 Magik 4100 amps and the upgrade was huge infact I have never looked back. Old V New? - NO comparison!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tendaberry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles