• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Advice needed - thin flexible speaker cable

mac2006

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Bath, United Kingdom
Morning all,

Have been using some Chord Carnival bi-wire which I am very pleased with, but apparently it looks a mess in new living room and it is rather inflexible. I was after something thinner,not black,not bi-wire and much more flexible to route around skirting etc. Has alsogot to be under £10/m.

Was looking at Chord Rumour. Anyone have experience of this? looks like standard mains wire, which is the kind of thing I am after. Any others spring to mind?

ta,

Mac

Bourney

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2006
stoke on trent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
im using chord rumour `install' it has no outer sleeve and is easy to tuck away. i think it s avery well balanced cable with no stand out character (in my system anyway..mind you i was using Nordost flatline before so anything is going to sound more balanced!
biggrin.png

the Chord is a pretty safe buy IMO.

A

A.N.

i was in the same situ as you, i was living on me tod and was using some really thick monster stuff so to me wasnt an issue. whem myself and my g/f moved in together, i wanted something a bit more discreet and thinner to hide away considering i didnt have a seperate listening room anymore and the system was in the lounge. i tried some diff cable, inc chord, q.e.d. tc but didnt have the transparency the monster cable had, so was looking for some dnm reson. did the trick, nice and flexible, although quite boad, its very thin so hiding it under the skirting and the fire hearth was easy. sounds great too, and iirc, is only 7 quid a metre.

i bought mine used, in minty mint confrom here, 2x5m runs for 35 quid del, so a bargain.

mac2006

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Bath, United Kingdom
Bourney wrote:

im using chord rumour `install' it has no outer sleeve and is easy to tuck away. i think it s avery well balanced cable with no stand out character (in my system anyway..mind you i was using Nordost flatline before so anything is going to sound more balanced!
biggrin.png
the Chord is a pretty safe buy IMO.
Thanks Bourney. Sounds good. How about its flexibility? i.e. if you held up a length, would itfall straight under its own weight?

Bourney

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2006
stoke on trent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
you can have my nordost for free! lol...well not for free...
biggrin.png
its bi wire cable but plugged in a single wire format...if you know what i mean.

the `rumour install' is loosely twisted so it is quite flexible and it is very thin. ill try to take a photo later. almost looks like bell wire but a bit chunkier.

the Nordost has a brighter sound and recesses the bass slightly so would help with a booming problem as it did with My Keilidhs some years ago.

opusover21

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2007
Next door
AKA
Mrs Brown
mac2006 wrote:

opusover21 wrote:
how long do you need them mac?
Was after a 2m or 3m pair.
Reason for asking was due to Budget. Townshand do Litz EDCT Impedance matched speaker cable terminated at £30/stereo meter. I have the much bigger Isolda but they do tuck neatly andsquarebetween the carpet and Sboard....or under carpet if you prefer...black I know but they are flexible so you can mould them against the room edges...take a look at the pics of mine..the Litz EDCT are much much smaller...details on theTownshend price list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel