• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Advice on connecting Marantz PM10 Amp to MacBook Pro M1x for the purpose of saving audio files from vinyl & CD

David Wilson

New Wammer
May 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys. I'm looking to connect my Marantz PM-10 Amp to my MacBook Pro MX1 in order to rip vinyl and CDs to AUDACITY or BANDCAMP. Any advice on best cables to use is greatly appreciated.

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxfordshire, UK
AKA
Ric
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys. I'm looking to connect my Marantz PM-10 Amp to my MacBook Pro MX1 in order to rip vinyl and CDs to AUDACITY or BANDCAMP. Any advice on best cables to use is greatly appreciated.

Unless you don’t mind low quality you will need to buy a USB interface that does ADC and DAC duties, maybe a Focusrite or an RME.

This device would need to go in the Tape loop and connect to the Laptop over USB.

David Wilson

New Wammer
May 21, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Unless you don’t mind low quality you will need to buy a USB interface that does ADC and DAC duties, maybe a Focusrite or an RME.

This device would need to go in the Tape loop and connect to the Laptop over USB.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a closer look.

Lawrence001

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Confused as to why you need an amp to rip CDs surely you want a CD drive to do that? So a USB connected one assuming the Mac doesn't have one built in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx