Amazon Music is it any good?

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have Amazon Prime & just wondering if their Amazon Music is any good? I have used Spotify for years at £119.88 or £9.99 a month and built up a large library & playlists but is it worth sacrificing that to add Amazon Music to my Prime account for £79 a year or £6.58 a month. Does it work pretty much the same way as Spotify or easier/harder also can I connect to my Sonos Connect from Amazon Music?

Any information is welcome.....

Last edited:

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just taken out a Prime subscription with a view to comparing it with Tidal...  the Win10 and IoS interfaces for Amazon Music are fine and both sound very good to me... the only difference is that previous Amazon music purchases show up in my library automatically, which is handy :)  

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just taken out a Prime subscription with a view to comparing it with Tidal... the Win10 and IoS interfaces for Amazon Music are fine and both sound very good to me... the only difference is that previous Amazon music purchases show up in my library automatically, which is handy :)
Blimey thats half my collection instantly on tap then😝

Whats win10 & ios?

Last edited:

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whether this matters will depend on your use, but bear in mind there is no Amazon equivalent to Spotify Connect. That I've heard of anyway.

Bamboo Jaffacake

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Apr 7, 2021
Rhayader
AKA
Select...
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SQ is fine, I took advantage of a 3 month free trial fpr Prime users, and it represents good value for money.

However, I didn't like the user interface and decided to stick with Spotify. I have a large Spotify library and I hope that, one day, they'll go lossless.

Reactions: AndyCC72 and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whether this matters will depend on your use, but bear in mind there is no Amazon equivalent to Spotify Connect. That I've heard of anyway.
Whats Spotify Connect? Can I connect to my Sonos Connect with Amazon Prime?

Last edited by a moderator:

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Win10 = Windows 10, so I can run the Amazon app on my Win10 music server
IoS = Apple OS, so I can run and stream from my iPhone/iPad

It also runs and streams via Android devices too... so I stream from an Android tablet to ChromeCast Audio...

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Win10 = Windows 10, so I can run the Amazon app on my Win10 music server
IoS = Apple OS, so I can run and stream from my iPhone/iPad

It also runs and streams via Android devices too... so I stream from an Android tablet to ChromeCast Audio...
So can I play the Amazon music thru my Sonos like I can with Spotify?

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It depends on how you are playing it, I could not get on with it on my Bluesound Node, it was the HD version. I would pay a bit more for Qobuz but try it for free. You can try them all for free. Spotify maybe doing a cd quality streaming service soon.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It depends on how you are playing it, I could not get on with it on my Bluesound Node, it was the HD version. I would pay a bit more for Qobuz but try it for free. You can try them all for free. Spotify maybe doing a cd quality streaming service soon.
Not really that fussed about going up the quality ladder from what I've read it should work fine with my Sonos Connect👍 My main use is to try new music then if I like it I buy a hard copy cd/lp.

Reactions: huwge

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not really that fussed about going up the quality ladder from what I've read it should work fine with my Sonos Connect👍 My main use is to try new music then if I like it I buy a hard copy cd/lp.
Would you still want a physical copy if the quality was equivalent, or even sometimes better? I know for many the answer is yes but just putting the idea out there...

• Upvote
Reactions: MVJ and StingRay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles