Analogue Alchemy Closed thread

K

keirik

Well it seems that after I asked a simple question I got a thread of abuse and then the thread was closed so I couldn't respond.

what a nice way to operate.

so to sum up, I didn't flounce, just said I wouldn't ask a simple question again. I was disappointed that asking a seemingly innocent question would result in that sort of response, I'm just glad Keith at purite isn't the same sort of character as the person at purite north. and I guarantee I wont be putting any business his way in future

So since this is obviously a closed shop where only the anointed can ask questions and the rest receive abuse I am going to leave this time

enjoy your small minds and your feelings of superiority

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are many members here. Don't leave just because a couple have been less than sociable. There are plenty of those "something in the water" days on here, just try not to take it personally.

The members you mention would bite their own backside to help you on most days.

G

+1, what Rick said (bandit pilot).

It's a funny old place the Wam, taking some abuse is almost a right of passage on here, it can be 'robust' but also the ALOT of the members on here are more than helpful as I have had first hand experience.

There are 'bakeoffs' around the country where Wammers meet up to socialize and listen to music and box swop, in my experience 99.9% of members on here are great lads (and lasses!).

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
If you've been around here any length of time I'm surprised that you were shocked at the replies. If you are flouncing now then one of the more gentile forums is probably for you.

Cheers BB

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Well it seems that after I asked a simple question I got a thread of abuse and then the thread was closed so I couldn't respond.what a nice way to operate.

so to sum up, I didn't flounce, just said I wouldn't ask a simple question again. I was disappointed that asking a seemingly innocent question would result in that sort of response, I'm just glad Keith at purite isn't the same sort of character as the person at purite north. and I guarantee I wont be putting any business his way in future

So since this is obviously a closed shop where only the anointed can ask questions and the rest receive abuse I am going to leave this time

Stick with the Wam K, when you actually meet them they are charming guys, even my evil conjoined twin up North.

Keith.

bmtell

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2010
Northampton
AKA
Mark
Well it seems that after I asked a simple question I got a thread of abuse and then the thread was closed so I couldn't respond.what a nice way to operate.

So, if that wasn't a flounce, is this a flounce?

M

MJ.

It's well worth hanging in there keirik.

The vast vast majority on here are really decent people and, as has been said, will do anything to help.

You do have to go in with the right attitude though.

As with so many things in life, it can be a rough ride but is ultimately well worth the effort :)

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OP you asked a question, you got an answer followed by abuse so the thread was closed. Just put your kevlar jacket on.

Nick1881

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2012
Midlands, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was the thread pruned too? I don't see much abuse in it.

OP - I dare you to start a cable debate, then you will know abuse lol. :D

alphatoner

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2007
Tring, Herts
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jesus H Christ, you think that was abuse. If you had ever been on the end of Paul's keyboard a few years back before he became polite (aka dealer scum) you would realise how tame that was.

Maybe some posts were deleted by a mod, but all I can see now is a tongue in cheek post the you got the hump about and a sarky reply form you the he got the hump about. Life's to short to worry about shit like this, just ignore it and more on. We do have an ignore button you know if you are really that bothered.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyway none of this is 2 channel fodder so

:dead:

I am hoping there wont be a 'Analogue Alchemy Closed thread Closed' thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members