• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

anyone heard the Wharfedale Opus range?

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
They've been out for 18 months now and I seem to remember that they used Quad drive units, or at least drive units very similar to Quads (they are the same company after all).

The floorstanders start from £1800 so can't be that bad, and they all have dome midranges...but anyone actually heard any?

Ta.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
supposed to be very good speakers indeed - you looking at the Opus 3's on hififorsale?

I was considering buying a pair, but they are too big for my room, look lovely though.

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
they are "suppposed" to be - so you haven't heard them....hmmm.

Another plus point is that the matching centre and rears are quite cheap from ebay.com

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
no, sorry should have mentioned, not heard them. Doubt if many people did - never saw them in a shop personally. I do remember super-fi doing some amazing clearance deals on them a while back though.

Nick

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
I'have heard them, they are big but similar to theQuad L series.They had the price re-adjusted as the RRP was a bit on the high side as i remember. You should be able to pick up a bargain.

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
cool, thanks Nick....so i considered the L series laid back and a little dull- what you go with that? How was the imaging if you remember?

Thanks

Rory

Nick

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
Imaging was great and ther are not too laidback in my book; you will need a big room to get the most out of them and a good bit of power. I heard them on the back of some Quad 909 monos and they were singing away.

Nick

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
Cloth-Ears wrote:

Also, I've seen big Warfedales discounted by about 50% a few months ago. It was one of those big ads in WHF from a place that does mass market brands mail order ( :yeah:yes, I know, WHF isa comic
smile.png
)
yes that was Superfi.................thanks Nick, just the info i was after. Need to have a proper listen to some and that guy on hififorsale is in Birmingham. Need to take residuals into account too....they depreciate worse than Rover 800s after Alan Partridge's little spell with them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel