Arcam rDackw, rwand and Apple lightning connector problem

Diapason

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2012
Dublin
AKA
Simon
I recently purchased an Arcam rDac-kw second-hand, along with an rWand and rWave. All the items work fine (rWand from iPod and rWave from laptop) but problems arise when I try to use my iPad along with the rWand. It's one of the newer iPads with a lightning connector, so I bought a (legit, Apple) lightning-30 pin adapter to use with the rWand. Except it doesn't work. I can't get any sound, the led doesn't flash, nada. When I first stuck it in it tried to send me to the app store for something, but it wasn't found.

A search around the web has suggested that the rWand is no longer supported, etc., but I'm really just wondering if anyone has got it it work with a lightning device (using an adapter) at all? Since it works with a standard iPod I just assumed all would be well, but I basically hate all this apple bollocks so I've no idea whether this should work or not. Any thoughts?

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
I heard from an Apple reseller that the genuine Apple lightning adaptor doesn't support audio out. Now, whether he meant analogue or digital he didn't say ......

Diapason

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2012
Dublin
AKA
Simon
Thanks Juancho.

I can report that digital works and all is well now for my situation, so I'm happy with that. Obviously it's a pain in the hole that Apple saw fit to change the connector, and charge me €30 for the privilege of buying one of their adapters, but that's not news to anyone!

Diapason

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2012
Dublin
AKA
Simon
Spoke too soon.

I seem to have a dodgy rWand, as I couldn't get it to work at all last night, from anything. Not a dickie-bird, no flashing LED, nada. I expect it'll magically start working again shortly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles