Arctic Monkeys

iann

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will definitely get album, the singles have been very good.

A lot of good new Brit bands coming to the fore now, Chiefs, Maximo Park etc.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To me they sound better than most of the hyped up bands these days but I'm not totally convinced. There's one track i heard that sounds like a rip-off of Franz Ferdinand's "Michael"

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
I bought it Monday along with six others, so I have only listened to it a couple of times so far but I must confess I am pleasantly surprised by it :cool:I am always very sceptical of overly hyped bands that have had little output to justify the hype, which the Artic Monkeys certainly have been but as I previously said I have been pleasantly surprised. They are still without doubt over hyped, IMHO their sound is nothing new but it is a fresh sound compared to their contemporaries.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

I think lyrically the album is excellent when compared to a lot of other bands, particularly when you consider the lad is only 19. I was also sceptical about the album because the two previous singles were from the same mould but I’m glad the album has a broader scope.

I good 8/10 IMHO
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
I think its a great album and ive really enjoyed listening to it over the last couple of days. I don't know if it will have staying power, only time will tell.. but IMO if you like maximo park, kaisers etc then you really must buy this!

Hawk

P

purplepleaser

Some brilliant lyrics.Next big thing maybe not but if it helps get people in music great.

Some of the songs are fantastic,real make a fool of yourself type of stuff,others are a bit to slow paced for a completely great album.

The are only twenty or so if the don't sell out or go up their own arses the could really make it big.

I have seen some where on the net that ticket towts at a recent gig were offering £400 a ticket and throwing in a pair of Oasis tickets in for free.

Lee

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
hifikrazy wrote:

Alone in being distinctly underwhelmed.
smile.png
Nope - me underwhelmed too.
sad.png

I've only listened to the album once, so I'll give it another go. This kind of superficial pop stuff usually either clicks straight away (Kaisers) or doesn't (Killers) so I'm not terribly optimistic.

G

Distinctly unimpressed. But it could just be my age precluding from the complex ideas and themes that obviously run through this album. :raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Better late to this thread than never eh? I picked the vinyl up in HMV yesterday, then put it down again, picked it up again, then put.....etc. I'm glad now I didn't buy it cuz I'm not 15-20 years old!
tongue.png

iann

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bought it in Tesco on Tuesday (payday) and I quite like it.

Different to what I expected though...

Also got Magic Numbers which is very good.

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Auntie Ants got it on vinyl from her brother as a late birthday pressie. Rather good I thought, though not what it was hyped up to be.

Remind me of a northern Libertines in parts, though not with that mad edge that the Libs managed at their best.

Prodcution qualities a bit iffy though, a bit muffled.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had a quick listen today (picked it up at lunch time) hhmm.. I think I've heard it all before.

Proof really that there is nothing new under the sun.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hifiwigwam wrote:

Had a quick listen today (picked it up at lunch time) hhmm.. I think I've heard it all before.Proof really that there is nothing new under the sun.
A genuinely funny post from the earl would be new.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif

allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Miller-8 wrote:

I refuse to buy it because the album cover sucks.
Andy Warhol was right about that 15 minutes of fame thing. The band believe that if they don't appear on their own cover, it will add to their enigma, so it's one of their mates. I think the cover is ok and have an idea of what sort of music they play by its treatment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles