Art Prestige 6

mjw

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 14, 2012
Blyth, Notts.
AKA
Mick
I’d guess the retail was c.£5k but not many paid full price. The ‘6’ denotes a 6” bass unit. These for example are 10” https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255033002678?hash=item3b6126cab6:g:MJEAAOSwqvZg2dUb and probably 3-way.

I have a pair of ART Nouveau 8 (8” 3-way) which retailed at £8250 and like mine, those you’re enquiring after almost certainly have a downward firing port which makes them easier to place in a room.

ARTs, especially the bigger iterations, tend to sell on for around 25% of RRP which means a bargain for someone.

Polar Bear who used to mod here had Deco 20s (4-way with 2x10” drivers per cab) and he bought them having auditioned Kudos Titans (and others).

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’d guess the retail was c.£5k but not many paid full price. The ‘6’ denotes a 6” bass unit. These for example are 10” https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255033002678?hash=item3b6126cab6:g:MJEAAOSwqvZg2dUb and probably 3-way.

I have a pair of ART Nouveau 8 (8” 3-way) which retailed at £8250 and like mine, those you’re enquiring after almost certainly have a downward firing port which makes them easier to place in a room.

ARTs, especially the bigger iterations, tend to sell on for around 25% of RRP which means a bargain for someone.

Polar Bear who used to mod here had Deco 20s (4-way with 2x10” drivers per cab) and he bought them having auditioned Kudos Titans (and others).
Thanks for your time and effort , i have heard some deco 6 and 8s and liked them but cant find any info on these babys and where they stood in there range and rrp , nor any reviews .

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
DEF are prestige 6 not stilleto 3 are a completley different speaker and are easy to find info on . pictures of prestige 6 below google stilleto v3 completely different 
The point of the link was Prestige not being model. I wasn't suggesting they were Stilletos - they look like this:

art-stiletto-6-v3-s-loudspeaker-finish-walnut-16433-p.jpg

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The point of the link was Prestige not being model. I wasn't suggesting they were Stilletos - they look like this:

yet there they are in the flesh on eBay and photos above so i think they where a thing , prob the poster just hadnt heard of them 

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yet there they are in the flesh on eBay and photos above so i think they where a thing , prob the poster just hadnt heard of them 
I saw the photos in the eBay listing before I posted above and I'm still not sure Prestige is the model name.

They look more like the Alnico model than anything else I can find but I'm not sure there was a '6' model.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Pictures of the rear of the Alnico model say 'Alnico' on them though, so definitely not those.

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
its a strange one for sure hopefully someone on wam might know 
I hope so as I'm intrigued now too  :) . @uzzy is the only Wammer I can think of right now with ART speakers, but not these.

• Upvote
Reactions: GLB

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope so as I'm intrigued now too  :) . @uzzy is the only Wammer I can think of right now with ART speakers, but not these.
Contact Derek and Ramsay .. they did a few models in the same or similar cabinets to the Alnico using other SEAS drive units .. then they tried the Alnico speakers I think and did those as well.   Using what looks like the Stiletto 6 drivers in a bigger cabinet .. For the money being asked I would get my ears around them if you can .. but do not expect earth quake bass.  The advantage with these over the Stilettos is a more solid airolam cabinet (I think) and the thick aluminium face plate to mount the drivers to ensure the baffle board is totally rigid.

Yoda in here has a newer pair of Art Impressions and I think there are other members with Art Loudspeakers too.

Oh one final point - I think the smallest Alnico bass mid unit used by Art is the 8" one .. same cabinet but a tad bigger and were called the Alnico 8 I seem to remember.

• Upvote

Vincent52

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2011
North Yorkshire
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, Alnico 8. I have these and they are not  million miles different looking than the pictures earlier in the thread.

Graeme

• Upvote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles