ATC stands.

Patu

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2019
Finland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As an ATC owner thats pretty concerning. If they are that sloppy with a public facing manual what else is going on? Boeing many years ago used the mantra "if there is a coffee ring on someone's desk then it means that our engines don't work". They used this example to drive excellence in everything that they did. I am not saying that Boeing are perfect, it's just an example of a total quality control mindset.

And that they also insist on certain of their packaging to be used to protect speakers whilst at their factory then that's starting to tell a story.
It's concerning if they still haven't fixed that part in the manual. I haven't checked for a while.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's concerning if they still haven't fixed that part in the manual. I haven't checked for a while.
They haven’t, and it still has their previous website address. Given how easy it is to update a manual and save a PDF I agree it’s uncharacteristically sloppy.

But, pace Dom, unlike Boeing, the consequences aren’t quite as serious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_737_MAX_groundings

Reactions: Patu

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As an ATC owner thats pretty concerning. If they are that sloppy with a public facing manual what else is going on? Boeing many years ago used the mantra "if there is a coffee ring on someone's desk then it means that our engines don't work". They used this example to drive excellence in everything that they did. I am not saying that Boeing are perfect, it's just an example of a total quality control mindset.

And that they also insist on certain of their packaging to be used to protect speakers whilst at their factory then that's starting to tell a story.
Back when I was worried about such things, the General Manager of my Company was obsessed by Lean Thinking, so took us to seminars and held up Tesco as the absolute pinnacle to aim for - with their motto, "Insistence, Persistence and Consistent".....then Tesco found a large Black Hole in their accounts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Back when I was worried about such things, the General Manager of my Company was obsessed by Lean Thinking, so took us to seminars and held up Tesco as the absolute pinnacle to aim for - with their motto, "Insistence, Persistence and Consistent".....then Tesco found a large Black Hole in their accounts. :rolleyes:
Rolls Royce use Lean throughout their manufacturing but don’t tell them it’s obviously rubbish.

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Rolls Royce use Lean throughout their manufacturing but don’t tell them it’s obviously rubbish.
There is nothing wrong with Lean Thinking - a lot of which we implemented....It was the continuous and relentless promotion of one company at every meeting, in a way that they should be admired and emulated....only to find that they were not the "be all and end all".

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

As another ATC owner, I think it's a trivial matter. ATC are super-busy at present, and have been for years.

The packaging is for protection during transit to & fro. Can't see anything unreasonable or concerning about that either.

Minicoupeman

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 21, 2015
Sittingbourne
AKA
Andy Andrews
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I totally agree with the start of this thread. I have ATC 19’s. I changed the stands to go ( much) lower with my ears in line with the tweeter. Ok so the change of stands made a difference but I would recommend tweeter to ear height. Subsequently I moved my listening poison around (away from the back wall) and raised the speakers by 1” Again, a difference. Now maybe in a large room these changes would make no difference but in a near field set up, they made a lot of differenc.

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I totally agree with the start of this thread. I have ATC 19’s. I changed the stands to go ( much) lower with my ears in line with the tweeter. Ok so the change of stands made a difference but I would recommend tweeter to ear height. Subsequently I moved my listening poison around (away from the back wall) and raised the speakers by 1” Again, a difference. Now maybe in a large room these changes would make no difference but in a near field set up, they made a lot of differenc.
Two-ways have a different acoustic axis from the three-ways. Three-ways are always more fun IME.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.