Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Er, believe it or not some, nay all, the world's leading athletes are currently competing in Oregon for world titles.
This seems to have escaped the attention of Wammers in general, and athletics has to go in the 101 bin along with horseracing, golf American Football and many other sports as far as you lot are concerned.

Not me..

Ive been glued to early morning tv enthralled at the skills and abilities of these wonderful men and women.
Totally out of the blue we won a gold in the 1500 metres. That was last night. The surprise and excitement was palpable.

Soon to be staged is the Mens' 200m final. It promises to be a great race. And the womens' 200m as well.
Cant wait..

I'm planning a late one.
Why not join me?
Second best will be tomorrow's highlights.

Jack

Last edited:
Reactions: antonio66

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
We've been recording the athletics and watching early mornings. Jack Wightman was the athlete who won our gold in the 1500 metres, and what a cracking run it was for him.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I always watch the athletics, though I don't stay up late for them, I like to watch the next morning.

How good was that clip of Jake Wightman's dad doing the stadium race announcements as his son was winning the race. Brilliant.

I suppose the Mexico Olympic games of 1968 were my earliest proper memory of athletics, David Hemery, Lillian Board and the rest, but I have some hazy recollections of the previous Tokyo games.

Doesn't quite seem the same without the dulcet tones of David Coleman and Ron Pickering.

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Another bronze for GB, Hudson-Smith in a tough 400m hurdles and a truly outstanding world record by the American McLaughlin in the same event for ladies.

Reactions: Bazzer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles