• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Audio Origami Praise

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know I'm by no means the only one to make a positive comment, but I do think that good service needs to be acknowledged.

Mailed Audio Origami at the end of last week to ask aboutupgrades and suggestions for my LP12/Itok. Got a reply almost immediately and a few mailsfollowed. This morning (two working days), my carefully packed replacement cable and new oil kit arrived. Preceded by an apology that it would take longer than usual because he had to make up the arm cable!

Quality of the bits looks absolutely first class. Just as important, the advice was excellent and involveddissuading me from spending more than necessary to achieve the results I want.

Will let you know what it does to the sound in a day or so, but so far all I can say is this is fantastic service, extremely reasonably pricedand deserving of praise.

soupdragon

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2006
Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i agree - john rewired my 242 before xmas - a lovely job - and even previewed it arriving back with x3 lovely pictures on an e-mail.

excellent job and service - heartily recommended.

Liam

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I'm a bit embarassed because I still haven't set up my PU-7 yet
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
, but J is one of the very best. Polite, helpful and great at what he does!

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wish I could say the same about the manufacturer of my arm,unless your buying something or upgrading hes rather abrupt and gives the impression your effectively wasting his time IME.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Emma Royd wrote:

I wish I could say the same about the manufacturer of my arm,unless your buying something or upgrading hes rather abrupt and gives the impression your effectively wasting his time IME.
A certain Mr. Davis?

Yes i thought the same tbh.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

Would never deal with them again, terrible quality for the price imo.

FWIW i also had excellent service from Johnnie when i purchased some "slippery oil" for my deck. He also threw in some handy cartridge alignment templates and stylus-cleaning cloth.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Emma Royd wrote:
A certain Mr. Davis?

FWIW i also had excellent service when i purchased some "slippery oil" for my deck. He also threw in some handy cartridge alignment templates and stylus-cleaning cloth.
Hello Phill,no a certain mr Baker,unless their connected.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Emma Royd wrote:

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Emma Royd wrote:
A certain Mr. Davis?

FWIW i also had excellent service when i purchased some "slippery oil" for my deck. He also threw in some handy cartridge alignment templates and stylus-cleaning cloth.
Hello Phill,no a certain mr Baker,unless their connected.
That's him! Sorry i got my names mixed-up (must be getting old!)
biggrin.png

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hav'nt got a problem with the arm,just him,miserable git,unless your buying something,he always gives the impression your wasting his time.

You and I are not the only ones to say it,by the way.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Emma Royd wrote:

I hav'nt got a problem with the arm,just him,miserable git,unless your buying something,he always gives the impression your wasting his time.You and I are not the only ones to say it,by the way.
What arm do you use ?

johnniebaby

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2006
Midlands
AKA
John
I cannot praise j7 highly enough, not only brilliant at what he does, but he is also the most helpful person I have ever dealt with. A lot of companies could learn a valuable lesson in public relations from Johnny.

thrunobulax

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2006
derby, , United King
Papa Lazarou wrote:

FWIW i also had excellent service from Johnnie when i purchased some "slippery oil" fr my deck. He also threw in some handy cartridge alignment templates and stylus-cleaning cloth.
I can second that, the slippery oil is great, i almost have perpetual motion
wink.png

Can only agree with all the compliments above j7 is a gent and a craftsman.

Made me sick as a parrot tho for showing me what a "polished" stripped RB250 looks like, when i took the paint off mine i didn`t bother polishing it, saw j7`s and was gutted, i will be getting one of his fluid damping devices for the RB250 soon and when i do the arm is coming off and getting buffed:D