• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

audio-technica oc9 ml11

G

hi fellas....

has anyone heard one of these cartridges and if so any good?... found a new one,,at a good price.. does anyone know where i can get one cheaper than £190 from the uk.

ta in advance the living legend;)

JPG

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2007
Bristol
AKA
James
Dunno if it is good. Have heard good things over at the Vinyl Engine.

LP Gear in the states has it for $280 (=£142), and since you are importing to Sweden anyway you should save some cash.

G

Ant wrote:

I thought you only used VdH carts? Did yours wear out?
i have one but it's about 8 years old... using a denon dl304 at the moment.. just fancy trying one thats all and at that price it seems a bargain.

i will buy a 2k cartrige one day but have better things to spend money on than a cartrige.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
rudolph hucker wrote:

Ant wrote:
I thought you only used VdH carts? Did yours wear out?
i have one but it's about 8 years old... using a denon dl304 at the moment.. just fancy trying one thats all and at that price it seems a bargain.

i will buy a 2k cartrige one day but have better things to spend money on than a cartrige.
Look for a K9 on e-bay
smile.png

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At the risk of sounding like an echo....
wink.png

for 190 quid you can't go wrong - or just order one from lpgear, as has been said.

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
If I were in your shoes I'd send my vdh back to AJ and get it rebuilt, by all accounts his rebuilds are very reasonable.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Logan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
NZ & Scotland
rudolph hucker wrote:

hi fellas....has anyone heard one of these cartridges and if so any good?... found a new one,,at a good price.. does anyone know where i can get one cheaper than £190 from the uk.
You can get one from http://www.needledoctor.com for $289 (US). It is very good at this price point (note that I've never heard a Denon) so long as you keep it off an RB300 arm. Mine is on the Michell TecnoArm and is very happy there.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Price seems excellent - hopefully so is back-up/service etc.

I would have bought predecessor of one of these if I had not discovered Linn Karma-Troika back then ...

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to have one and absolutely adored it. It finally wore out about 3 years ago and i have been intending to replace it ever since, but after a while living with a "stopgap" Ortofon MC10 Supreme i started to get that old "was it really as good as i remembered it?" feeling. Still, the MC10 Supreme finally wore out and now i'm in need of a new cartridge again.

Interestingly, this very day, i collected from a very nice man a used, but good condition AT-OC9, mine for the price of a pint, to try out. I'll report back when I've had a play (probably at the weekend), and if it is as good as i remember it, i intend to buy myself a shiny new one.

£190 is a good price, BTW.

G

just e-mailed the american site... it works out 2000 krona about 140 quid.. for a brand new one..when he confirms postage ole phuckers going to order one.

G

$25 dollars to post to sweden....

so the whole thing comes in at around £150.. now that is a true bargain.. they were over 400 quid in 1989.. amazing price.

G

all ordered i'll let you know how i get on with it when it arrives... 150 including delivery i still cant believe it...

A

A.N.

you were stitched like a kipper ald bean.

shud of bought an lp12 to go with it.
tongue.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel