• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Ayre

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have any of you any comments on the CD spinner and int. amp from these people, Is it worth me adding them to a audition (wish) list (CX 7e and AX 7e)

G

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum1/5904.html

been discussed last week
biggrin.png

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
I went to listen.carefully tonight to listen to some Ayre electronics - specifically the CX-7e and AX-7e in fact. I went expecting to come home to write something in the equipment review section but after tonight I don't think that's appropriate.

The reason? Well, it seems Howard Popeck has a very specific way of going about things, and given that the dealership-side of his business does not form the main part of his income, he could affod to be candid, and he was, with me.

I'll write in more detail tomorrow, but suffice it to say that Mr Popeck felt that he wasn't the right dealer for me, and that in 30 years as a dealer he had NEVER managed to get owners of Naim systems to move away from Naim completely!

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
be interesting to hear your thoughts, My local dealer suggested Ayre to me, I have a mainly rega set up at the moment, and when I asked about the saturn's availabilty, and mentioned that I may jump up the price band a bit he felt Ayre may be a way for me to go

http://www.theaudioroom.co.uk/

I am trying to fit a dem in between work style stuff at the moment. May be next week will be possible. The gist seems to be listen, but listen for a long time, it does not blow you socks off at first hearing, but does immerse you into the music, and the longer you listen the more you appreciate what it does. I will have to decide at some point this year which way I'm going to jump, either stay with rega, may be sugden, or Others.

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JonR wrote:

I went to listen.carefully tonight to listen to some Ayre electronics - specifically the CX-7e and AX-7e in fact. I went expecting to come home to write something in the equipment review section but after tonight I don't think that's appropriate.The reason? Well, it seems Howard Popeck has a very specific way of going about things, and given that the dealership-side of his business does not form the main part of his income, he could affod to be candid, and he was, with me.

I'll write in more detail tomorrow, but suffice it to say that Mr Popeck felt that he wasn't the right dealer for me, and that in 30 years as a dealer he had NEVER managed to get owners of Naim systems to move away from Naim completely!
:shocked:

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JonR wrote:

I went to listen.carefully tonight to listen to some Ayre electronics - specifically the CX-7e and AX-7e in fact. I went expecting to come home to write something in the equipment review section but after tonight I don't think that's appropriate.The reason? Well, it seems Howard Popeck has a very specific way of going about things, and given that the dealership-side of his business does not form the main part of his income, he could affod to be candid, and he was, with me.

WTF?
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

M

Mr Coherent

I'd also say Howard is not alone in these matters, there are a couple more like this around, I might add highly respected too.

Well, I've been managing it quite well for the last 3 years
smile.png

22 sheep and counting. They are more subtler ways of doing it.
biggrin.png

That aside, we know of one dealer who simples defies belief

Quote " Unless you like the sound my way, we won't be doing business'

I kidd you not, he then moved on to open aggression and claiming his potential customer we liars. His supreme arragance is second only to Branco's

Scary but true

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Hi Lee,

Yes it's a shame but maybe it is just that - we didn't click. I can see why he is so successful though and good luck to him, he deserves to do very well.

I'd like to hear the Ayre kit more fullythough - a brief listen did give me a brief hint about what it can do, but then again 30 years of experience can't be wrong, can it?

Am I really a Naimie forever? OTOH maybe I'm not someone that shows their emotions as readily as his usual clients. Or maybe I just listen for rhythmic stuff and not much else.

Perhaps I'm just in the wrong hobby altogether.. :-(

brizonbiovizier

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 4, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ugh branco.

Is the guy you are talking about WMA? I had a similiar experience to the one you describe there when I went for my first ever dem aged 18. Theres another dodgy one just west of london
wink.png

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
lets not turn this into a "slag" of dealers thread, lets just all agree politely that there are some people we just don't get on with and leave it like that.

Lets not name names, they all have livings to make,

Regards

PB

M

Mr Coherent

NO, he's not quite in Branko's league, buit very very close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinchitshaw