Best Front Men you've seen

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Wanted to say Eldritch but haven't actually seen him. Mind you I think I went to a Nick Cave gig (with a eulogy about the ballad form) IIRC so should have added him.
You dont really see him when he's playing - just a silhouette wrapped in lots of artificial smoke!

Reactions: Lawrence001

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
3 other brilliant acts i have seen are eric bibb , his passion and music are so compelling

Roger hodgson ( supertramp ) wow

And i kid you not Steven Seagal who is just superb in his band ...yes you read right , that same guy who did kung fu on warships is a brilliant musician .saw him live in tiny place in bilston

macfan

LP12 Newbie
Wammer
Feb 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
U2.Super Bowl 26.0203-02.SI.jpg
This image is from the 2002 Super Bowl where U2 performed after 911. I saw an early version of this about a month or so before and there was not a dry eye in the house. Bono has a way of connecting with an audience like no other front man I have ever experienced and this has been many over the years. The way the audience responds is incredible. I have been to every tour since Joshua Tree and each and every time it is simply outstanding. The aforementioned show in the aftermath of 911 was like a big tent revival with 18k of your closet friends. At the end of Walk On - there where projections of suitcases with hearts in the center of the suitcases projected on each section of the arena as the names of the victims shimmered up to ceiling above. Powerful stuff.

5ef2e6f99fb48.image.jpg
On Innocence and Experience the sequence of...

• October
  • Bullet to Blue Sky
  • Zooropa
  • Where the Streets Have No Name

...was sublime. The message and delivery very powerful. There are all kinds of great front men for all genres of music but for me Bono is really the standard in my view.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I’m not a massive fan and I only went to the gig because I won tickets, but Guy Garvey (Elbow) was excellent, he had the O2 in the palm of his hand.

I’m very biased but Richard Hawley is very good too.

Cheers BB

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Steve “Bertie” burton

fantastic bloke Steve, when on stage he has the audience in the palm of his hand - but unfortunately being rock n roll, in the other hand he has the innate ability to completely #@ck it up in a heartbeat…. 🎸💔

Brought me to tears more than once watching him perform with Vince Flatts Final Drive - something to behold.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles