Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're all wrong, it's this:

Not only is it a great cover, it''s a brilliant album !!!
It's not the nudity, it's the expressions on their faces. Women's Lib at its best.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was the first time the band members appeared on album artwork. I love its directness.

meddle inner gatefold.jpeg

• Upvote
Reactions: Beyond you

killie99

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just shows how far the PC brigade has come that there is reluctance or even shame felt in thinking this let alone posting it.  The naked human form is not for the beauty of itself but is seen as exploitation.  I do wonder why it is so un-pc as a human (usually male) to be told to not find the female/male form attractive and why it is expected to feel sordid and worthless to do so.

Does this make Venus de Milo sordid or Angelo's David and a million other art works un-pc and exploitative.
You’re right, the world has become a strange place.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll Too Young To Die...

99BDEDCF-1CDF-4E69-9F8E-7B84325A3FE4.jpeg

ESK

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Euan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Groundhogs - Who Will Save the World

Badger - One Live Badger

Man - Be Good to Yourself at Least Once a Day

Yes - Yessongs

flak monkey

Weirdo Mosher Freak
Wammer Plus
Dec 24, 2010
Norfolk, UK
AKA
Sera
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just shows how far the PC brigade has come that there is reluctance or even shame felt in thinking this let alone posting it.  The naked human form is not for the beauty of itself but is seen as exploitation.  I do wonder why it is so un-pc as a human (usually male) to be told to not find the female/male form attractive and why it is expected to feel sordid and worthless to do so.

Does this make Venus de Milo sordid or Angelo's David and a million other art works un-pc and exploitative.
Depends on intent. And ultimately 99.9% of people, men and women, have no issue with it. Like everything there is a small vocal minority on both sides of any argument who want us all to believer either of their extreme viewpoints. The reality being that the real world is neither black nor white but many shades of grey. That goes for every divisive topic, and the world would be a much better place if more time were given to the viewpoints of the average person rather than the extremes.

There is a huge amount of far more sexually suggestive content in modern music than in anything from the 70s or 80s, including in the artwork. No one normal is complaining about it, either way.

Regardless, back on the original topic, here's my submission. Rob always has good artwork. Mondo Sex Head.

20220101_172709.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles