• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Best gig of your life?

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was there too & it remains my favourite gig ever, though we were at stage level about 6 rows back. It was amazing, the queue was mental as you say. Four of us drove up from Sheffield in a Ford Capri, about an hour into the journey 4th gear kept popping out so the drive had to sort of cock his leg over & hold it in with the back of the knee, typical it happened on such a long journey, but just part of the memories now.

In my teens my cousin from Gloucester came up on holiday and I liked Alice Cooper but he raved on about Bowie!.
"No more Mr Nice Guy" was one of my first 45's,but I soon had a cassette collection of Bowie's albums.
Like you that concert has never been surpassed since!.

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have been to so many, but in event terms:

Live Aid July 1985, Wembley Stadium, is the most memorable. So much greatness..

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bauhaus 05/07/1983 Hammersmith Palais

Seen them many times. Best was at Routes Club, Exeter, August 1980, promoting first LP. Dramatic.
Being an Exeter Uni student, I also saw killing joke in Exeter around the same time, who were equally stunning.

My dad worked for A&M records, so I was also lucky to see the Police doing a warm up gig pre Regatta de BLanc release, also at the tiny Routes club. They were brilliant in that ’were gonna be big’ way, and with that certain dynamic that 3 piece bands do live. Got to go back stage and hang out afterwards too. No drugs but plenty of booze

Reactions: DUVET

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
lancs
AKA
Greg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A few really
Led Zeppelin Knebworth 4/8/79
Robert Plant with Honeydrippers, Retford Porterhouse 4/5/81
The Smiths Liverpool University 14/3/84
Pink Floyd Manchester City ground 8/8/88
James Manchester 4/12/93

Leeken

Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Wirral
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Best was Pink Floyd Earl’s Court 94,that was amazing,most memorable was rolling stones at Maine road in 1990 was brilliant,first concert I ever went to,and a absolutely amazing night seeing the prodigy at a rave before they were famous around the time Charley came out.
Every time I’ve seen Hawkwind I’m always amazed as well.

psychomodo

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2011
stepney,london
AKA
steve lawrence
So many… Can at the Roundhouse, Alice supported by Roxy.. But I guess the most important was my first. Pink Floyd at Crystal Palace May’71. 16 years old and things were never the same

Reactions: Tony_J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj10au