Wammer
Dec 15, 2013
Euxton, Chorley
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi chaps and chapesses

I ordered a Gemini ii from BK 24th Jan. It was a late Friday evening decision... but an informed one.

Nothing yet. I have spoken to them a few times (not easy to get in touch with) and there was no email order confirmation which made me a little twitchy. When I've spoken the the woman in the office she explained that they make the subs to order and it would take a week.

I left it two weeks and phones again on Friday. I was told it would be shipped that day and to expect a call today - Monday. Nothing.

Should I be worried? Anyone else had this happen? I really want to support a small UK business but I'm a bit nervous that I'll be waiting for weeks...

Reassurance please? :nerves:

B

BD Audio

Hi Tim,

I deal with BK a fair bit, I imagine you spoke to 'Olive'? She's a lovely lady and I'm sure she just had a busy day. Nice company, just try again tomorrow. :^

Cheers,

Jack

Clubsport911

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2013
Cheltenham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are slow. That said... Mine was a special and if arrived in about 2 weeks. Quality is superb. Moreover, I have since had outstanding support from the technical bods there (they designed a totally different roll off and filter characteristic to suit my speakers) outstanding

rgds

mothroth

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2013
Euxton, Chorley
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Tim,I deal with BK a fair bit, I imagine you spoke to 'Olive'? She's a lovely lady and I'm sure she just had a busy day. Nice company, just try again tomorrow. :^

Cheers,

Jack
Thanks guys. That makes me feel a whole lot better. As you say very nice to deal with but a bit slow.... I shall be patient and chill

:)

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi I've ordered from them a couple of times. No problems at all but maybe a little slow. I've met quite a few people who've used them and no problems. What I will say is for the money they are superb and I've had no problems getting mine set up.

Cheers

paularcher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 25, 2005
Wakefield
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Tim

I bought a sub from BK a couple of years ago and received good service.

They are a reliable company

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Hi chaps and chapessesI ordered a Gemini ii from BK 24th Jan. It was a late Friday evening decision... but an informed one.

Nothing yet. I have spoken to them a few times (not easy to get in touch with) and there was no email order confirmation which made me a little twitchy. When I've spoken the the woman in the office she explained that they make the subs to order and it would take a week.

I left it two weeks and phones again on Friday. I was told it would be shipped that day and to expect a call today - Monday. Nothing.

Should I be worried? Anyone else had this happen? I really want to support a small UK business but I'm a bit nervous that I'll be waiting for weeks...

Reassurance please? :nerves:
Here's some reassurance.

You ordered it late on 24th January.

You were informed it would take a week (at least to make).

It's only a week and a bit now - not two weeks as you say in your OP.

Give them a chance - it's probably about to arrive!

mothroth

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2013
Euxton, Chorley
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here's some reassurance.You ordered it late on 24th January.

You were informed it would take a week (at least to make).

It's only a week and a bit now - not two weeks as you say in your OP.

Give them a chance - it's probably about to arrive!

Ha - spot on - yes. I am a doofus. :doh:

and... it arrived this morning.

As penence I shall set it up and take pictures with a review.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Ha - spot on - yes. I am a doofus. :doh: and... it arrived this morning.

As penence I shall set it up and take pictures with a review.

Thanks for your feedback everyone.
Hope it is all you have hoped for, now it has turned up.

:^

PhilofCas

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2011
Yorkshire
AKA
Yep
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've known BK for a few year now, as per others, nothing to worry about at all :^

(and excellent subs btw)

mothroth

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2013
Euxton, Chorley
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope it is all you have hoped for, now it has turned up. :^
I have to say after only 30 minutes of play - I'm amazed. Still tweaking the levels etc (but that's just an ongoing hobby) but from the box it sounds epic. I'll properly review when I get chance and add some pics but.... How does such bass come from such a small box? My room is 4m x 11m and it's dong very well. I've added the foam bungs to my CM8's and they're working together very well.

Happy chap

V

Voice_Coil

I have to say after only 30 minutes of play - I'm amazed. Still tweaking the levels etc (but that's just an ongoing hobby) but from the box it sounds epic. I'll properly review when I get chance and add some pics but.... How does such bass come from such a small box? My room is 4m x 11m and it's dong very well. I've added the foam bungs to my CM8's and they're working together very well.Happy chap
Im using bk subs, excellent vfm, dont know why it took so long to arrive, i paid for mine on the sunday night, they was here by the following friday..but all is well now eh, they really are great subs aren't they ;0

eastsoutheast

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Nov 13, 2011
Wimblington Cambridgeshire
AKA
Brian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great news. I have always been impressed with BK and found them great to deal with. I believe a small number so subs are available pre built but many are built to order which may explain the delay.

Glad you got it working well in your system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online