Borats Baby's Brilliant Bake Off Bonanza .

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Dates booked guys. Saturday 18th November 2006. 7 Names so far :

1. Purple Pleaser

2. PAG

3. Aural Flea

4. Stewartwen

5. Paragon

6. Yoda

7 A.N.

Can accommodate a few more but 10's probably max.

I will provide a bottle or 2 of Red and some cans. My wife makes the most awesome chocolate brownies, of which there will be a platefull. Please feel free to bring drinks and nibbles but most importantly, Hob Nobs.......Oh and a hand full of discs (silver or black).

A few pointers from former hosts would be appreciated as I'm not sure whats expected. 7pm onwards sound ok?

Diclaimer:

I will not be held responsible for lack of Hob Nobs.

Thanks and keep in touch, Those definately comming, please pm me and I'll give you an address.

BB

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Borats Baby wrote:

few pointers from former hosts would be appreciated as I'm not sure whats expected. 7pm onwards sound ok?
mm, unless you wanna run into wee small hours, i'd start much earlier, 3-4 hours passes by in a flash.

A

A.N.

well, 7pm onwards is fine by me i think, as i work everyday except sun.

cheers BB
smile.png

auralflea

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 12, 2006
Black Country
AKA
Kevin
Hi B Baby

I would also have thought a start time earlier in the afternoon may work better - leave it to you though.

Is this a music gathering type bake-off or are you looking for equipment as well - although I am probably/ definitely unlikely to rock anyone's boat with my stuff
smile.png

Can bring my new (old) baby, the Rega Luna amp if anyone is at all interested.

Music - no problem. Just let us know how loud it mustn't be
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Kevin

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can start earlier if peeps want. Just let me know whats best......

Equipment is welcomed as is music.

I'm gonna see if I can sweet talk the neighbours into goin the pub for a bit, they're alright anyway and probably wont mind, I'll mention it to em tomoz.

I just wanna have a chat with people into the same hobby as me coz I only got one other mate who is and he's a knob head. He's gonna be my bouncer though so I got to be nice to him.

On a more serious note though, NO TAKING THE PISS OUT OF MY PINK CUSHIONS. That was the wifes idea.

And I'm assuming your all level headed responsible adults and wont piss in my plant pots, puke under the beds and such like as this behaviour is not tolerated. See Bake off etiquete thread.

Should be a good afternoon / night.

Thanks

BB

auralflea

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 12, 2006
Black Country
AKA
Kevin
Borats Baby wrote:

Can start earlier if peeps want. Just let me know whats best......Equipment is welcomed as is music.

I'm gonna see if I can sweet talk the neighbours into goin the pub for a bit, they're alright anyway and probably wont mind, I'll mention it to em tomoz.

I just wanna have a chat with people into the same hobby as me coz I only got one other mate who is and he's a knob head. He's gonna be my bouncer though so I got to be nice to him.

On a more serious note though, NO TAKING THE PISS OUT OF MY PINK CUSHIONS. That was the wifes idea.

And I'm assuming your all level headed responsible adults and wont piss in my plant pots, puke under the beds and such like as this behaviour is not tolerated. See Bake off etiquete thread.

Should be a good afternoon / night.

Thanks

BB
DAMN. How we gonna pass the time then
biggrin.png

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'll be there.

Can you fit Lees car in the room so we can all listen to his car system.

Perhaps four at a time in rotation
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

Don't forget I'm bringing the Aldi crisps!

Cheers

Yoda

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Yoda, so thats the crisps sorted then. Just hooked up my modded T amp again as I forgot I had it and remembered how good it is. I'll leave it in situ !!

You bringing the Impressions then ???
biggrin.png

Anyway, another tick !!

ps. although Lees car willfit in my front room, there is only a normal sized front door so that is simply out of the question.

Brings me onto parking though.... I live at the end of a smallish cul-de-sac and can accomodate 3 or 4 cars. there is room round the back though so should be too bigger problem.

cheers fellas

c ya soon

BB

E

earl of sodbury

kennyk wrote:

there's only one snack to bring :
ds_chips_habanero_l.jpg

wink.png
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
Yup - those are essential for any bakeoff!

We kicked-off at about 11am and still could have done with an extra 6 hours!

The music just takes-over - as it should I guess!

Have a good one B-B, it's knackering but great fun
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
earl of sodbury wrote:

Have a good one B-B, it's knackering but great fun
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
Churz sodders.

just a note to the 7 members listed at the top, you have pm's.

Also, just dawned on me, I only posses about 5 lp's so if people wanna bring more, great. Got Tusk, F Macs Greatest Hits, Van Der Graff Generator Still Life, one of paul simons ?? ........Oh, and The Wall PF.

Most of my cd's are obscure aswell, got some good ones though. I only say obscure coz theres only me likes em but maybe your all into similar stuff aswell........

Lookin forward to it.

BB

PAG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Wirral.
AKA
si
cool, lookin forward to this.

I`ll bring my amp, cd/dacs and some vinyl (that is if i`ve collected it from the inlaws)

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi All,

If I remember I'll bring amp, small speakers , Spk cables and I/C's including my home made jobbies.

Will bring extension and Tacima mains block to keep everything juiced up.

Could be like a jumble sale before we finish :raoflmfao:

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll make sure the Dining Room Table is free of clutter.:DIt can be used as a storage area.

The missus is defo going to make some chocolate cakes
biggrin.png

From a few other peoples suggestions, an earlier start was prefferable. This should be ok, My parents are away for that weekend so I can shove my wife and kids over to their house for the duration.
biggrin.png

btw. My computer is in the Kitchen with an amp and some speakers connected and for what they are, actually sound quite good so there you go
smile.png

Smokers are banished to the deep dark gloomyness of the garage but its not all bad as the door to the garage is in the kitchen.

Lookin forward to it myself !!!!

c u all soon

BB

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
What is the new kick off time to give us more chance to annoy the neighbours.

Smokers will just have to peeer in through the window
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif
Lee and any other :djermaica:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles