• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Brian Eno - Another Day On Earth

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Brian Eno - Another Day On Earth

Sort of been blown away by this album, a veritable 10/10 musically and recording quality wise, any Eno fans out there wish to point me to their favourite albums of the man. I have some exposure to him, like Deep Blue Day etc and his work with U2, but this album makes his solo work worth investigating.

Any views dudes.

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Cheers Duvester, will investigate that thread, must be said though I liked Aeriel when a few were underwhelmed by that too. I just love the whole feel of this album tracks 1,2 & 4 just set me up for the rest of the album, track 3 I could easily miss and never hear again. But after those 3 tracks Im hooked into this album.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
I must give it another go, but like Duvet it didn't float my boat at all... Maybe the hype surrounding it raised my expectations too much and it never had a fair chance. Might give it one more shot as nobody took it off my hands..

Ariel on the other hand I liked from the off

Hawk

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Hawk, if you don’t like it I’ll easily take it off your hands. £5 +PP.

Go on its really terrible Im tellin ya !!
tongue.png

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi cjr, I haven't heard his new one but recently got a few earlier albums from the library. 'Here Come The Warm Jets' is highly rated by many critics but I wasn't impressed at all. Thought it was very weak and contrived. Also listened to some of that ambient stuff he's done of which there seems to be many titles. Again not impresssed.

He's great though with early Roxy Music and David Bowie such as on 'Low'. I presume you have all that though?

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Yep got Low & Heroes, Im sure he worked on Heroes too which I have, Roxy Music I have a raft of their CDs on HDCD so yep, got that too. Also the U2 collaborations. Thanks for the input dude.

Hawkster - posted cheque this morning.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
cjr wrote:

Yep got Low & Heroes, Im sure he worked on Heroes too which I have, Roxy Music I have a raft of their CDs on HDCD so yep, got that too. Also the U2 collaborations.  Thanks for the input dude.  

Hawkster - posted cheque this morning.
That's OK, no problem. (just going for 4 in a row!)
tongue.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx