• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Bring and buy sale..

Mickyricky

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 28, 2013
Stockton On Tees
AKA
Micky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I understand that there is a separate bring and buy section at Kegworth where you bring and nominate your price ,give  a contact no along with your room no.

I will start the ball rolling with a Pioneer A300r Amplifer ( Precision Tuned Component) in Black.. V.v good condition ...price £120... a great amp.for little outlay ..I have been using as a 2 Ch. for my Blu-ray player so not heavily used ...

call into Room 4 if you are interested ....Micky

TheFlash

Inactive
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I won't have kit for sale on the day but... I managed to acquire a "spare" four boxes from the same Pioneer Reference series and identical to those I'll be exhibiting, three of which needed work:

• (The PD-91 CD player was fine and has been sold)
  • The CT-91a Cassette Deck has been on holiday in Romania and is now fuly sorted - it will be back in UK next week. £350

• The C-90 control amp has been fully overhauled by Mike Powell in Bolton - including new volume pot and all relays  £400
  • The M-90 dual mono power amp is also being overhauled by Mike; just awaiting input level pot from the Far East. Should be ready by mid-April £600

The C-90 and M-90 were literally made for each other so I'm keen to see them stay that way. £800 gets you both.

PM me or pop into Room 207 to hear what they can do. Bring coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFlash

Inactive
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nigel could I bring a malt whisky in lieu of the coffee ?
You could indeed, you naughty temptress... but as I have to drive home on Sunday evening, it will need to be a standard measure (I just spent a week in France and on the last night, my wife and I popped out for a cognac. It was at least a double. Which was lovely).

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have a Pioneer A400 I will be bringing as a spare for the day. It is in very good condition and I will be willing to sell this at the end of the day for a £140, I do not have the packaging unfortunately, but this is a fine amp for the money, and has a MM and MC phono-stage built in.

I also have a Marantz PM7200 in very good condition, which does have original packaging (albeit a bit tatty) this also has a MM phono-stage, and can run in class A only 25wpc, or AB 95wpc. It is champagne in colour, and if there is interest I can put it in the car as well. £175

Ed Howarth

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Apr 17, 2012
Isle of Mull
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will have my black BK XLS 200Mk2, front facing sub at Kegworth, room 204. It will be in use but I don't want to take it all the way back to the Isle of Mull. Those who went to Harrogate will have heard it and there were quite a few compliments on how well integrated the sub sounded. Anyway, if someone wants it, it will be available to take away from Sunday afternoon. £170 ono. 

ff1d1l

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 20, 2010
Snowdonia
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will be bringing a Yamaha C4/M4 pre power combo - pretty good nick and fine sound, the pre has a really good MC/MM phono stage. £695 or £895 with a spare C4 that needs servicing.

Knobbery here

yamahac4b4.jpg

Reactions: TheFlash

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If anyone is interested in them I could bring some surplus gear. 

But, I will 'only' chuck in the car if someone's interested,

• First of all 2x Album frames still in wrappers, I'll never use them - freebie if anyone wants them! First dibs gets them, I'll bring anyway!
  • Sony STR-DB930 AV amp, The pro-logic amp back in the day check WHF reviews, even had its own DAC onboard which doesnt sound bad, upgrades a cheap CD/DVD dramatically, GWO, but no remote sorry,  - £40
  • Marantz tuner ST-40L FM tuner Sounds alright actually - £10
  • Sony DVD/CD player DVP-NS29, reliable player works well with remote, perfect working order but sounds very digital and undynamic as a player (if Im honest) but, theres a digital output and when fed into a DAC it can work as a decent enough transport £10
  • Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Around-Ear Closed Back Headphones - Black Comes with original box and two cables one short and one long. Closed back design £80

And this one is a reluctant one but I have an 'amazing' sub on show, which Colin (Greybeard) will be using with his LS3/5As. Gloss black, cost best part of £1800 new, perfect working order and 'the business', you'll hear it! I'd consider sensible offers (at the end of day) if anyone's interested as I'm thinking of some other audio plans (again, as some do :) ) but just as happy to keep, just a thought. Sub is a JL audio e110

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
After some scratching of my head and armpits, a decision in principle has been reached to have a big kit swop around in Fourlegs Towers. I will therefore have this kit available for trial and buy at Kegworth room 216. Some of it is very heavy so Kegworth is ideal to take personal delivery . . . . . It will all be boxed up so please let me have some notice if you are interested in anything so I can unbox etc.

Icon Audio MB845Mk2M pair of mono power amps Signature Edition with uprated caps and valves. Glorious. Fully boxed. £3,900

Music First Classic V2, silver wound, with original flight case. Perfect with the 845 amps. Discount if bought together. £2,000

PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator. Immaculate and boxed. Latest firmware. £2,900

IMG_5465.JPG IMG_5472.jpg IMG_5469.JPG

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this a thing that we do then? Perhaps for Saturday after setup? I would be happy to join in on this and can bring some nice whisky too!
Hi Raphael this will be my first Wammers Show although I did have a room at Harrogate last year which was my first ever room.  A few of us that love Malt Whisky have on another thread loosely suggested that we will have a Whisky Club and all are invited . From what I gather things are not very rigid or organised for this show we are all doing the same things and I suspect having the same worries about if our system will sound okay so I always find a dram while listening makes the treble shimmer , and the bass become fluid . No change to the sound just the mind alteration of good malt .

So visit a few rooms and ask what people are doing and if you fancy doing the same join in .

Reactions: raphaelsamad
G

Guys there are people visiting who are not members of the forum and may be tempted to buy on the day . There is an open area with vinyl , accessories and the bring and buy . All you need is a brief description of the product and you mobile number attached . It will be manned . Any stuff not sold can be taken home or donated to the raffle . 

Last edited:

TheFlash

Inactive
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guys there are people visiting who are not members of the forum and may be tempted to buy on the day . There is an open area with vinyl , accessories and the bring and buy . All you need is a brief description of the product and you mobile number attached . It will be manned . Any stuff not sold can be taken home or donated to the raffle . 
I think this is a great idea for stuff which just “is” - records, cables, a £50 pair of speakers - and has a fixed price. For stuff which might benefit from a demo, a Q&A with the owner and/or the opportunity to haggle or trade, in-room is probably better for both seller and prospective purchaser. Stuff for sale in rooms should not though, I’d suggest, take pride of place - that goes to the kit being exhibited, or the atmosphere might change from informal gathering of enthusiasts to car boot sale!

Reactions: Ed Howarth
G

I think this is a great idea for stuff which just “is” - records, cables, a £50 pair of speakers - and has a fixed price. For stuff which might benefit from a demo, a Q&A with the owner and/or the opportunity to haggle or trade, in-room is probably better for both seller and prospective purchaser. Stuff for sale in rooms should not though, I’d suggest, take pride of place - that goes to the kit being exhibited, or the atmosphere might change from informal gathering of enthusiasts to car boot sale!
Yeah its a fine balance I know 

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
To be honest I dont really care if I sell any stuff. I'll just keep it, I could always use it in a shed or something. And stuff that doesnt sell, (although it usually goes if you offer things for free) I could easily give it to the local charity shop, which I do a lot of the time. Some of the cheap stuff I have here I was just thinking well if anyone was interested that's all, and I will gladly recycle that money then over the bar :pint: :D

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
While trying not to turn this in to a car boot sale could I ask if anyone that is coming to the show who has some DNM cable they are not using or something similar then I need a about 4 Mtr pair plus some to use as phono to phono leads one pair.  So even if you have a short length I could make use of this for the Interconnect lead .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdak02