Cairn 4808 amp, Stello CDA320 CDP & Triangle Naïa speakers

G

As always Earl a top review. I bet some wallets are moistening as i type:love:. What always amazes me is how the French make some great and i mean truly great speakers but their music is relatively:zip:

Apart from Air
not_worthy.gif.606503e2f2ceaa5be9e2770f927f316c.gif

That Cairn is damn sexy. Must be the blue Led's
wink.png

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Who says Brits can't do musicallity.

Sugden

Art / Proac

Avid.

Only the Kondo cable and the IO are from overseas.

This is just an example not intended to be definitive.

The system is musical unfatiguing insightful delicate and will also pound out the bass rythms with the best of them.

A handful of 5* bits doesn't necessarily make the most enjoyable system.

Enjoy it.

Yoda

Vic Mackey

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Below the Noise Floo
yoda900 wrote:

Who says Brits can't do musicallity.Sugden

Art / Proac

Avid.

Only the Kondo cable and the IO are from overseas.

This is just an example not intended to be definitive.

The system is musical unfatiguing insightful delicate and will also pound out the bass rythms with the best of them.

A handful of 5* bits doesn't necessarily make the most enjoyable system.

Enjoy it.

Yoda
Good Morning,

I don't think anybody said that. All that was implied was, that there is a large choice out there.

I believe it to be very counter productive to show blind faith to any manufacturer/country of origin. There isn't one manufacturerwho hasn't got a stinker among their product line.

Also HiFi is sometimes bought on bling value. How often is the cost mentioned before the performance/build quality/ service gets a word.

As for pounding out a rythmn, that doesn't make anything musical. Subs can pound out with the best of them. But are they musically satisfying?

A friend of mine runsthe Apogee Grand with Krell/Tact amplification. Never have I experienced more deep bass nor clarityor soaring highs. Very impressive in short bursts, but long term? Not for me. It just shows that just because something has the same pricetag as a sports car does not guarantee musical satisfaction.

On top of that Manufacturers bank on brand loyalty, and many oblige willingly.

Have a great weekend, rant over.

Vic
smile.png

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I dont see the mention of musical insightful delicate and there was no mention of bling or cost.

You can put together a small or large system according to taste /budget that meets YOUR needs by choosing the right kit.

It may not be your mates ideal but if it is yours then thats fine.

Synergy is not the sole province of the europeans and I don't think anyone was saying it was.

As for service I've never heard people complain about Sugden Naim or Proac and Art giving poor service.

You can spend big bucks if you wish but you do NOT have to. Just be careful to match equipment.

That is a service often provided by a dedicated dealer rather than a box shifter of flavour of the month. You need to ensure the dealer shares your particular preferences.

Whats your system Vic and does it do what YOU like.

Yoda

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent text Earl, innit?

You're far too erudite for this place. :green:

Looking at the photos of the speakers in situ, and having had first hand experience of your listening area, they shouldn't work. But, I bet they sound sublime.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Your system rack looks minimalist and better I think than what you had before.

I wouldn't worry about many further tweaks such as component isolation and different brand cable, it will drive you to distraction (and possibly, nuts). Obviously things like a new rack will help, aesthetically if nothing else, but I wouldn't worry if the amp is on metal feet or oak cones, for example. If the synergy is there now and the system is singing, just enjoy it and buy loads more music. You know all those French and Italian Eurovision wannabe's are calling out to you.

Hopefully see you in the new year when it will be my turn to drive griffo down, so don't go changing anything. Print the warning posters now.

Vic Mackey

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Below the Noise Floo
yoda900 wrote:

I dont see the mention of musical insightful delicate and there was no mention of bling or cost.You can put together a small or large system according to taste /budget that meets YOUR needs by choosing the right kit.

It may not be your mates ideal but if it is yours then thats fine.

Synergy is not the sole province of the europeans and I don't think anyone was saying it was.

As for service I've never heard people complain about Sugden Naim or Proac and Art giving poor service.

You can spend big bucks if you wish but you do NOT have to. Just be careful to match equipment.

That is a service often provided by a dedicated dealer rather than a box shifter of flavour of the month. You need to ensure the dealer shares your particular preferences.

Whats your system Vic and does it do what YOU like.

Yoda
Hi,

I only mention bling or cost as I often read on foras how muchsomething is and looking very nice, before any mention of sound and system synergy.

I also didn't say anything about poor service, just again service and aftercare isvery rarely mentioned. Of course synergy is not the sole province of any manufacturer. That's where your own ears and experience comes in.

Totaly agree with you on the system choice. Thatshould be yours and yours alone. But how often do you see people following the flavour of the month product.

And then there is the room, but that's another topic.

Yes my sytem plays music exacetly how I like it. Took a while to get here though.

Vic
smile.png

U

Umberto

Duvet wrote:

As always Earl a top review. I bet some wallets are moistening as i type:love:. What always amazes me is how the French make some great and i mean truly great speakers but their music is relatively:zip:Apart from Air
not_worthy.gif.606503e2f2ceaa5be9e2770f927f316c.gif

That Cairn is damn sexy. Must be the blue Led's
wink.png
Alos some great CD players
smile.png

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
Earl - I thoroughly enjoyed reading your writeup!

I wasn't very surprised when you packed in the MF gear but I have to admit I hadn't really heard of the gear you mentioned - glad it works, well done matey
smile.png

Back to me MF gear.........

E

earl of sodbury

gsrai wrote:

Earl - I thoroughly enjoyed reading your writeup!I wasn't very surprised when you packed in the MF gear but I have to admit I hadn't really heard of the gear you mentioned - glad it works, well done matey
smile.png

Back to me MF gear.........
Cheers Gobind, this stuff does a lot more than just work, I promise
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif
stereo.gif.78ed128503393f1c4bf77692f274c985.gif
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66