Calling all Art-ists

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
it's a very incestuous industry, kit is often never returned, do you honestly think RG paid for his £30k+ wiring loom, besides even the honest ones still have commercial considerations to take into account, re advertising.
Giving away "expensive" kit is an investment for a start if they give a reviewer a 3k amplifier its cost them £700 max they can write off to tax as R&D and it would cost more than that to buy that amount of advert coverage

also the stuff they keep they sell on :cool:I have been offered some nice kit in the past by a couple of reviewers
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
:cool:

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
rockmeister wrote:

funny how some of us only use reviews to confirm our own (totally unbiased of course, especially when we own the piece in question) opinions...if it agrees it's good, if disagree, crap... 'they' are always fallible and we are always right. And then I read that reviewers are sometimes criticised for being arrogant?! If you believe that the only opinion of value is your own (ears) and you defer to no-one else, why are you here?? Oh sorry...of course, it's to impose (share) your opinions on (with) us less fortunate mortals.Ah. Well thanks then.

I refer to no-one in particular, but more to an attitude of pen, not limited to magazine reviewers.
Good one Rockmeister:^

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
If you believe that the only opinion of value is your own (ears) and you defer to no-one else, why are you here ?
To pick up bargins when people have bought on the strength of a review,they then findthey do not like the kit
smile.png

A

adam

I had an intresting chat from the chap who imports The chord company cables in Spain,he was saying how hard it was to sell,very intresting his reason why to:shock:

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
Davewhityetagain wrote:

most reviewers are ex Hi Fi shop staff too lazy to get up and do a days work
If you are in any way implying that Hi-Fi shop staff are lazy then you are horribly wrong and I request a deep and humble apology for your insensitive comments about a subject that a vast majority of the posters on this and many other forums have no direct experience.

G

Crustyloafer wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:
most reviewers are ex Hi Fi shop staff too lazy to get up and do a days work
If you are in any way implying that Hi-Fi shop staff are lazy then you are horribly wrong and I request a deep and humble apology for your insensitive comments about a subject that a vast majority of the posters on this and many other forums have no direct experience.
wind yer neck in Chris, he's saying journalists are lazy, hard week?
biggrin.png

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
So, apart from the reviewer is a bullshit merchant with a collection of hi fi to rival the Great Whit .......... what does it say about em, apart from they are good?

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rockmeister wrote:

funny how some of us only use reviews to confirm our own (totally unbiased of course, especially when we own the piece in question) opinions...if it agrees it's good, if disagree, crap... 'they' are always fallible and we are always right. And then I read that reviewers are sometimes criticised for being arrogant?! If you believe that the only opinion of value is your own (ears) and you defer to no-one else, why are you here?? Oh sorry...of course, it's to impose (share) your opinions on (with) us less fortunate mortals.Ah. Well thanks then.

I refer to no-one in particular, but more to an attitude of pen, not limited to magazine reviewers.
Nice one Rocky !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles