Calling all Art-ists

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Review of Stilletos in current HFN.

However, it's by Dave Allcock:X: he who insists on playing Saline Dying, which must surely get him kicked out of the Reviewers' Guild: that & the dodgy stuff he used to write for Audiophile Candy.

Boxer

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll give it a readaltough not so bothered waht other people think about ART speakers. I know how good they can sound and thats all that matters to me.

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
His reviews are rubbish anyway, never once said anything bada bout any kit that I can recall. They should have let Christopher Breuning loose on them.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

Review of Stilletos in current HFN.However, it's by Dave Allcock:X: he who insists on playing Saline Dying, which must surely get him kicked out of the Reviewers' Guild: that & the dodgy stuff he used to write for Audiophile Candy.

Boxer
He used to use Madonna and Celine Dion at one time - how can you trust his opinion on anything ???????

G

there will soonish be a review of the entry emotions with a system by a well known retailer, think it will be HFC, probably be 2-3 months before it makes it into print though

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Biscuit wrote:

so was it positive or negative or middling?Hope they got a goodun, they really do deserve it!!!
It was good, Biccie, but as pointed out above, do you trust his judgement;).

Boxer

G

boxer wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
so was it positive or negative or middling?Hope they got a goodun, they really do deserve it!!!

Boxer
if he said the stilettoes good I believe him, what other kit was used?

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
boxer wrote:

Biscuit wrote:

Boxer
trust no reviewers :cool:its your ears that count, when reviewers start paying for my upgrades will start reading what they write :)till then I do not even read most of them

christ hi fi Choice for example can give a great review then give the kit 76% whats that about

most reviewers are ex Hi Fi shop staff too lazy to get up and do a days work

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It was good, Biccie, but as pointed out above, do you trust his judgement
Best to use a review as an indication of what they can do but yes get a listen and use your own ears. Its the only way.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

boxer wrote:
Review of Stilletos in current HFN.However, it's by Dave Allcock:X: he who insists on playing Saline Dying, which must surely get him kicked out of the Reviewers' Guild: that & the dodgy stuff he used to write for Audiophile Candy.

Boxer
He used to use Madonna and Celine Dion at one time - how can you trust his opinion on anything ???????
:raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif

BTW.

Paul, what is this?

7.gif

G

hifiwigwam wrote:

BTW.Paul, what is this?

7.gif
<homer mode on> SILVERRRRRR MMMMMMMM<homer mode off>

periodic symbol for silver, sad init :naimee:

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

periodic symbol for silver, sad init :naimee:
Thought that was Ag? Do all elements have pictorial representation as well then?

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
funny how some of us only use reviews to confirm our own (totally unbiased of course, especially when we own the piece in question) opinions...if it agrees it's good, if disagree, crap... 'they' are always fallible and we are always right. And then I read that reviewers are sometimes criticised for being arrogant?! If you believe that the only opinion of value is your own (ears) and you defer to no-one else, why are you here?? Oh sorry...of course, it's to impose (share) your opinions on (with) us less fortunate mortals.

Ah. Well thanks then.

I refer to no-one in particular, but more to an attitude of pen, not limited to magazine reviewers.

G

maybe you are missing the point though, reviewers profess to be unbiased, yet they are not.

those of us on here are biased, in fact biased enough to have sunk our own money into things, the differences are the reviewer trys to describe something, but often adds sugar due to commercial concerns, or says nothing if something is bad. To use our own ears may not be very objective, but in the end it matters not a jot wether I like it, or you like it, as long as the one paying the money likes it, then everything else is academic.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
AK...am often hearing this accusation (I don't mean that word aggrsively) that mag reviewers are biased for commercial reasons. How sweeping a staement is that in your opinion? (I'm just interested, since I know Zilch of the publishing world, but had naively imagined a free press??)..If it is quite widely known, why don't they receive a wider slanging...or do they?:Not Sure:

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
analoguekid wrote:

dunno was looking for AG, and found a pictorial version, it had symbols and pics for whole table, it is meant to represent Ag, dunno wether it's made up or has any historical sgnificance, but I liked it.
Looks like something to do with old marking found on silver items that one is for Birmingham silver

you would be better using the Edinburgh mark based on the three towers

G

dunno Dave, I'm from Glasgow, will stick with Brum one thanks

RM, wasn't being agressive, talk to any in industry, there is a circle of manufacturers and journos that are all in bed together, it's a very incestuous industry, kit is often never returned, do you honestly think RG paid for his £30k+ wiring loom, besides even the honest ones still have commercial considerations to take into account, re advertising.

I don't think a normal free press exists period. In any way, except perhaps private internet sites

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles