wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
 For me the best way to find the value of an item is to do an ' historic' eBay search. Just search in the normal way then hit the filter button and select 'sold items' which will bring up a list showing the  actual sellng price going back for about three months. You can also select 'completed items' which will show a list of items that have both sold and not sold together with their price.  

Last edited by a moderator:

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like the rack, What make is it ?
Doesn't have a makers mark, Gentleman has 2 and would prefer to sell this one instead which measures approx. 750mm wide, 450mm deep and 1000mm tall.

ttbJkH8.jpg

Underneath of Linn LP12 pic - excuse the thumb, photography isn't my thing! xD

XBrfxlR.jpg

I can confirm the arm fitted is also An Alphason HR-100s MCS with Ortofon MC10 Supreme

GQRGVB7.jpg

2bcWuLZ.jpg

Comes complete with all leads to fit the Naim NAPSA which having taken the cover off looks immaculate

w2anO6D.jpg

Thanks for any further info. They are hoping to achieve a sale of all equipment in one which is a tall order I know and a fair investment. Any one you can recommend without going the obvious S/H dealer routes which I will be emailing anyway.

Ade

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That looks like an original LP12 to me.  No Valhalla board inside, and the original notch in the plinth for the lid stay. 

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks like my friends have got their wish and have sold the lot as a job lot. For a very fair price too!

Waiting to confirm sale, thanks for all your help...

Reactions: Nopiano

neiljadman

New Wammer
Jan 5, 2019
That is a Naim Armageddon - so this is a highly desirable LP12 configuration.

I would also echo the sentiments of an earlier poster who advised listing and selling items separately. No-one needs this much equipment other than a collector or dealer. Most likely the only people interested in a job lot are going to deal hard and demand basement pricing so they can resell at a fat margin.

Tristan

Lurker Extraordinaire
Wammer
Mar 17, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ade, without doing it any harm, can you whip the LP12 upside down and take a shot of the internals? The power switch doesn't look like either the early one or the Valhalla one, but it might just be the pic. The 'grooved' deck suggests sort of mid 80's, but wheher it's Valhalla (or Cirkus) will make quite a difference. Also, what's the arm?

Ta.
It's got a Naim Armageddon on it. (That's the NAP SA) HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.