• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Can you trust your ears?

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Well, that's twenty minutes of my life I'll not get back,

all amplifiers sound the same, blah, blah, blah,

differences are all imagined, blah, blah, blah,

:yeah:

Did Serge write it? :D

Tell me Keith, do all of the amplifiers you sell sound the same?

G

If my ears are deceiving me then the 25 k worth of digital front end i'm listening to at the moment is pulling some quality rabbits form the hat

Concerto Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2012
Clayhall, Essex
AKA
Santosh
I think what Keith or the attached litrature trying to say is that given the choice of identical amp or speakers our choice depndes on Sensory, Psychological and social factors. I am not clever enough to understand Sensory facors but psychological and social facors play a big role in majory of the selection process.

I have come across friends and customers who prefer the BRANDED and expensive gear even though it is clear that the less expensive/unbranded gear was much better choice.

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
I wouldn't say one is best, they are different the hybrid has a little valve sweetness ,ultimately you must choose your preference, you have to listen t it.

Keith.

• Upvote
Reactions: a91gti

crimsondonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2008
Funny how people who don't trust their senses come up with 'they sound the same'! How would they know?!

misterpete

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2007
N Yorks
AKA
Have a guess!
If my ears are deceiving me then the 25 k worth of digital front end i'm listening to at the moment is pulling some quality rabbits form the hat
Wow that's a helluva expensive Squeezebox!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx