• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Car Trouble :(

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some help with my aerial, it is stuck. When the radio's fascia is in, and the engine is turned on, the aerial rises up and the music comes on
smile.png

The aerial has been sticking lately, when it is going down - it sticks up about 5cm. Today I pushed it down - gently
wink.png
. Now it won't come up when I start the car
sad.png
The fascia works, I have two and they can both eject a cd, but none of the controls work, and the lcd display is off.

Any ideas on what to do? I can't seem to lever the aerial up and out. No moozak for the commute to work this week now
sad.png

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
Your aerial is fooked. Buy a new one. They have plastic cogs inside and eventually fail. That doesn't explain your radio fault though, have you checked the fuse (in the car's fuse box)? Perhaps the aerial motor has burnt out and taken the fuse with it.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
Sony6million wrote:

Who would I go to for a new aerial? I don't even know where the fuse would be for the aerial's motor
sad.png
No, I'm talking about your car audio fuse - it will be in the fusebox. Do you have an owner's manual?

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
If your radio has suddenly stopped working and you haven't played with the wiring, it has got to be fuse-related in my opinion. If this happened directly after you pushed the faulty aerial down, I'm presuming they both share the same fuse. If you replace the fuse then your radio should come back online so to speak but the aerial will still be knackered.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The fuse is usually in the fuse box, check you manaual for location, some car makers prefer different locations, some in the footwell, some in the engine bay scuttle panel etc etc..

The fuse box lid will have a diagram on it and you should be able to tell which fuse is for the radio from said diagram, pull it out and have a look if its blown.

RE the aerial, places like halfords have replacment aerials, nip in and see if they can help.

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Yeah, get the part from Honda (quoting your car's chassis number) but get a local mechanic to do the work!

It's the cheapest way mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx