Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
COUNTY HANDICAP HURDLE :

This should be more my cup of tea where speed figures count for something and my experience dissecting handicaps will be useful.

Andy Holding has correctly identified the two main strands of big field 2 mile handicaps feeding into the County: on this side of the Irish Sea we have the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury (won by Soaring Glory) and the other race is the Ladbroke Hurdle, in Leopardstown (won by Drop The Anchor (runs here)).

The Newbury race returned good speed figures but Soaring Glory was beaten 28L in the Supreme and the 6th, Guard Your Dreams, was beaten 7L further in its next race over a distance that was said to suit it. Fifty Ball and Edwardstone are the two to take out of the Betfair should the race stand up.

The Ladbroke I have quick, but Topspeed (The RP clockwatcher) has pegged it back. Andy Holding tips up the second horse from the Ladbroke, Champagne Gold, from the all-conquering Bromhead/Blackmore partnership, so he must agree with my interpretation of the time.

I cant argue with his choosing Champagne Gold, but at 3X CG's price, the bet is the third from the Ladbroke, Saint Doroux, @ 50 on the Exchanges, who hasnt been so heavily penalised as the pair that beat it then. Moreover, Simon Munir and Isaac Suede, the owners, have their retained jockey aboard today, so expect an improved performance. I watched the Ladbroke and noted 2 salient pointers re my selection - he jumps well and travels in a big field.

Selection Saint Deroux (£8 @ average 49)

Jack NSM

Last edited by a moderator:

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm surprised in this day and age that they are still alowed to beat the crap out of the horses with a whip  :eek:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No, we chant  'Come on A Plus Tard!' Or should that be 'Allez..'

Didnt work did it...

Ironically I had a terrific bet on Minella Indo for the RSA last year and got done on the line by the improbable Champ.

I got out of jail slightly today by laying Al Boom Photo and then my 1 win was cemented when Rachael became top jockey - a bet Ive never ever made before.

I cant see a way I'll be supporting the next NH  season - the Irish have the better industry, horses owners, trainers, jockeys and they are gonna be over here next year. You cant assess them because they dont publish rail movements so you cant do speed figures. Plus a lot of English trainers are sandbagging till the Festival so you cant rely on them to run to form in the regular season. I'm done.

I'll stick to the flat till matters improve.

On the flat we do have an Irish presence but we have enough power to operate on an even playing field.

Jack

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
£123 up in the end, that’ll pay for lockdown beer orders. And a £5 free bet to deal with from Skybet.

Reactions: Bazzer

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm down Jon. I'll do the adding and subtracting later, but its all in black and white on P3 of this thread.

Next year you can run it mate - but you have to publish your bets before the race - dat's the rules. A phrase involving the words 'chopping block' and 'neck' springs to mind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lower bullens

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm down Jon. I'll do the adding and subtracting later, but its all in black and white on P3 of this thread.

Next year you can run it mate - but you have to publish your bets before the race - dat's the rules. A phrase involving the words 'chopping block' and 'neck' springs to mind. :)
I won’t be able to register as a new customer with the bookies next year and get the free bets  :/  , it’ll be my own money going on the £1 each-ways !.

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Friday was my lucky day, speaking to my brother he told me he was having a bet on Belfast Banter, thought I'd do the same, won at 33/1 but I got 40's earlier in the day.  Only a small bet but put me up, just, on the week.  Bad news, couldn't find my own winner.  :doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles