paulfromcamden

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2006
London SE3
AKA
Paul
Mister R wrote:

Contrary to Rudolph's thoughts on Cyrus, I'd definately recommend trying a Cyrus III(not the IIIi)with a psx added later. Cracking amp upfront, and lively sound that'll last a long time. Good VFM too!Cheers...

Iain
Perhaps a reference to the current Cyrus line? Were early Cyruses somewhat different beasts to the stuff they do now?

paulfromcamden

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2006
London SE3
AKA
Paul
The older Naim gear certainly looks interesting - thanks for the suggestions. Still a bit worried about reliability though - why do I see £100 pre-amps on eBay with £500 worth of service history receipts??
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
What gives??

Oh and Lefty - the girlfriend is perfectly able of keeping upgrade fever in check
biggrin.png
:D:D

paulfromcamden

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2006
London SE3
AKA
Paul
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Ant wrote:
33/303 combo
Thats got to be the best answer so far

can be bought from Paul here

http://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/Classique.htm

no hard sell good quality stuff 33 303 always in stock

or Nick at the Emporium has this in

QUAD 33/303 excellent boxed set with manuals 200

http://www.emporiumhifi.com/Pages/VintagePages/Quad.html
That looks very interesting too. And thanks for the links - always good to have someone recommended to you.

I don't think I'm going to be moving on this for a little while (need to sort speakers out first) but this certainly puts me on the road to doing a bit of research (isn't that half the fun after all?
smile.png
)

Is there anything that can be said about the 'house' sounds of say the Quads against Naim? I'm looking for something that will lend itself to rock and 'armchair' dance music. Doesn't need to go very loud though.

Mister R

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 24, 2005
London, , United Kin
Arm chair dance would certainly lend itself nicely to either Cyrus or Naim IMO. I did hear some of the newer Quad stuff which was also very good. Not sure about the 303, but Dave knows more on that one.

Cheers!

Iain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.