Wammer
Wammer
May 15, 2013
Yorkshire
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A few weeks ago I bought myself some chord Clearway speaker cable, with factory ohmic plugs. I really liked what they did for my system, so it got me thinking of the Clearway interconnects.
I had been using VDH The Bay for several months and was really happy with them when used in conjunction with my Focal 826v speakers.
I kept them in place when I got the Triangle Genese Lyrr just a few weeks ago, and still had Audioquest FLX 14/4 speaker cable in place. After a few hundred hours run in (and they needed it) I changed the Audioquest for Chord Clearway, and liked that a lot.
I had a set of Chord Crimson interconnects, so tried them partnered with the speaker cable, I kept going back and forth between the VDH and chord for several days, and began to prefer the Crimson. Synergy? Maybe. So, I thought what the hell, order the Clearway RCA to match the Speaker cable and what a great match it is. There’s a degree more realism to the music, the snare drum pops like It should! You can hear greater detail in bass guitar and the depth and width of the soundstage has increased. Altogether giving my setup a beautiful boost and complementing the Triangle speakers perfectly. You never know what to expect when changing gear and cables etc, it’s the micro nuances and detail that you don’t think can be improved on that once you hear, you can’t go back.
a clear winner, is the Clearway. it’s a very enjoyable listen, and a great addition for me.
(btw, I actually preferred the VDH with Focal, it better suited their character)

nomore landings

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2018
Dawson's Field
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hi Bigfish,
Another big fan of Chord Clearway, 2X RCA and one XLR plus 2 Coax. Got an assortment of RCAs going back to Van de Hul the First, 1995 vintage and to my ears the Clearway do “what it says on the tin“ Not tried their speaker cables as happy with Tellurium Q.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought a couple of pairs of the Clearway RCA's a couple of months back, they do the job amicably and ousted a pair of Van den Hul " the Wave:rolleyes:" (lurid green jobs) that were chucked in with a DAC I bought a few years back. Surprisingly for whatever reason the Chord cables are a little clearer but look cheap and nasty - brilliant! Look on eBay where they can be bought for a fair price off retail.

Reactions: bigfish786

bigfish786

Wammer
Wammer
May 15, 2013
Yorkshire
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought a couple of pairs of the Clearway RCA's a couple of months back, they do the job amicably and ousted a pair of Van den Hul " the Wave:rolleyes:" (lurid green jobs) that were chucked in with a DAC I bought a few years back. Surprisingly for whatever reason the Chord cables are a little clearer but look cheap and nasty - brilliant! Look on eBay where they can be bought for a fair price off retail.

yeah, I found a new pair of 1m rca for £75 which is a real bargain.
im glad you mentioned the VDH Wave, as I was looking at a pair at the same time as the Clearway. Glad I went with the chord cables.
agree with you that they look a bit thin and weedy, they are thinner than my Crimsons.
but you buy them for the sound, which I’m more than happy with.

Reactions: Strider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.