Corras spare shelves

konig

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2005
Brentwood, Essex, ,
ANyone know if Ikea sell additional shelves for their Corras hifi:D rack?

I suppose for 20 quid i could go and buy another whole unit.....
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

should have gone backstraight awaysaying the shelf was missing
tongue.png

G

konig wrote:

ANyone know if Ikea sell additional shelves for their Corras hifi:D rack?I suppose for 20 quid i could go and buy another whole unit.....
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

should have gone backstraight awaysaying the shelf was missing
tongue.png
buy one open carefully, nick shelf, and take it back saying colour wasn't right when you got it home.

G

konig wrote:

nice idea. do you think they will suspect if i did it in the car pack then went back 10 minutes later.
prolly, but do you care?

G

chezi61 wrote:

Bloody typical Glaswegian attitude !!!!!!!!!!I like it.
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif
:rofl:
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

chezi. an honest Fifer.:lwink:
we call it smarts, spose thats why Glasgow folk are so much smarter than those towards the east.
biggrin.png

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No, IKEA doesn't provide additional shelves for the Corras and theira la carte section doesn't have any planks that match the lacquered birch of the Corras.
sad.png

G

solidstateman wrote:

No, IKEA doesn't provide additional shelves for the Corras and theira la carte section doesn't have any planks that match the lacquered birch of the Corras.
sad.png
try the Glaswegian "Trick" mentioned above, best to wait 24hours at least before returning, if they mention the shelf, say what shelf, there wasn't one there, ahem, cough cough.

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

solidstateman wrote:
sad.png
try the Glaswegian "Trick" mentioned above, best to wait 24hours at least before returning, if they mention the shelf, say what shelf, there wasn't one there, ahem, cough cough.
I am a refined gentleman with fine tastes in classical music. I don't do such things.
tongue.png

Ask your fellow kilter Musicbox if he does such things either.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

G

solidstateman wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
solidstateman wrote:
sad.png
I am a refined gentleman with fine tastes in classical music. I don't do such things.
tongue.png

Ask your fellow kilter Musicbox if he does such things either.
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif
go on live a little, I dare ya.

As for MB he's from Embra, if they smile it cracks their arse.
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
Ye thieving gypsies !! A plague on your houses (only cos I did not think of that)

If you're a God fearing honest sort of fella, then pop into our local wickes or whatever it is and get a sheet of mdf cut - cost me next to nowt, and get four more of the silver metal thingies (I skipped word work) from the small metal thingies aisle and you're all set - see below

ESfrontview.jpg

Dexter

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2005
, , Belgium
I'd take the hit and buy the spare unit. :fight:You could always mount the extra top on some spikes for a smart turntable isolation solution, use the extra shelves when you expand your boxes into another unit, or even flog off the remaining bits to other sucke...erm, forum members, andperhaps evenrecoup your costs in the bargain.
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif

Dex

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
Dexter wrote:

I'd take the hit and buy the spare unit. :fight:You could always mount the extra top on some spikes for a smart turntable isolation solution, use the extra shelves when you expand your boxes into another unit, or even flog off the remaining bits to other sucke...erm, forum members, andperhaps evenrecoup your costs in the bargain.
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif
Dex
Dexter - have a look on the "what's your bits and bobs" thread - someone has done that (think they bought three units and made it up as 2) and it looks rather nice

Dexter

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2005
, , Belgium
Craig wrote:

Dexter - have a look on the "what's your bits and bobs" thread - someone has done that (think they bought three units and made it up as 2) and it looks rather nice
Yes, Craig, that would be JonR, a most resourceful fellow and unusually handsome as well, or so I am told! :dude:

Dex

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Dexter wrote:

Craig wrote:
Yes, Craig, that would be JonR, a most resourceful fellow and unusually handsome as well, or so I am told! :dude:

Dex
Good grief Dex, who on earth told you I was handsome? If it was a woman I would be on cloud 9 by now.... :->>

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Craig,

Thanks for the compliments, but I should point out that though there are some very nice pictures of Corras' based systems on the "Bits & Bobs" thread, I am afraid none of them are from me.

However, I did post a picture of my system on a thread called "New Rack Solutions", and I attach a link here below, for your convenience, and edification:-

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=1463&forum_id=1&jump_to=24595#p24595

Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles