• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Correcting artwork on squeezebox

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
With my NAS now installed I'm determined to rip the rest of my cd's and tidy up the metadata and artwork on previous rips. I use dbpoweramp to rip, if the artwork is incorrect I have downloaded the right image and used the + button to load from file. I now realise this has added a second image as the back of the cover and not replaced the original :doh: . I can edit by right clicking on the file, edit tags and can remove the front cover, squeezebox then displays the correct artwork by defaulting to the back cover with the track but the album still picks up the incorrect cover.

If anyone has any good tips on correcting artwork I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

BTW it's mainly box sets where I want to show the individual album cover rather a picture of the box. Currently working through Johnny Cash 63 disc set !

iquadius

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2011
Bangor NI
AKA
Mike
... check the album folder itself for images, the server will show the 'folder' image as the default album artwork but if you have tagged each track with something else the server will display that as the track artwork .... clear as mud? I use tag&rename for my tagging, I find it very versatile ..... maybe worth investigating.

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
... check the album folder itself for images, the server will show the 'folder' image as the default album artwork but if you have tagged each track with something else the server will display that as the track artwork .... clear as mud? I use tag&rename for my tagging, I find it very versatile ..... maybe worth investigating.
Thanks for the reply - will investigate this

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
Thanks for that, Bliss looks perfect ... I made the same mistake with Genres , way too many.

Excellent review as well must pay more attention to the review section :^

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
I have downloaded Bliss and bought some fixes. I can't work out how to point it at the music folder on the Synology NAS \\Diskstation\flac .

I looked at the guidance on how to install the Bliss software on the NAS and this was way beyond me so happy to leave this on my pc.

Help please

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
Pete, just put that path into the Music Source box in the settings section.
Thanks I tried that but it only found about 16 albums .... just checked on it again and it's going at it like a man possessed so all good now :^

Just hope I got my settings right now.

I've been messing with streaming for years but actually feel like I'm getting somewhere with it now

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
It's slow, and the display updates are slower, so the best advice is not to worry if it looks like it's not doing its thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx