courier for BIG and HEAVY hifi please?

C

CarlBkk

I'm finding it difficult to find an insured courier for large items (1.5m x 1.0 x 1.0, 70kg for example). Parcelmonkey's outsourced company comes with a poor reputation, UPS don't seem to offer a service for something this size and parcel2go don't have any service to cope with it either.

Can anyone recommend one? This would be sent within the UK.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try putting that info into Interparcel or Parcels2go as they use most of the larger courier companies.

myrman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 26, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try putting that info into Interparcel or Parcels2go as they use most of the larger courier companies.
I'm pretty sure neither of those will quote for anything over 50kg. The trouble is 70kg would be quoted as a 2 man lift so a single driver courier (as most of them are) would not be able to deliver.

Marvt74

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
Higher Walton
AKA
Martyn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What about that fella on here that runs his own service? GST Distribution or soemthing i think is his username :)

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm pretty sure neither of those will quote for anything over 50kg. The trouble is 70kg would be quoted as a 2 man lift so a single driver courier (as most of them are) would not be able to deliver.
Ah! I think you are correct Nick :oops:

G

It's certainly do-able. A mate got someone to pick up a large safe from my house in London and take it to North Wales. The guy (who bore an alarming resemblance to Iggy Pop) turned up with rolling trolley and a tail lift truck. Sorry, but I haven't a clue who the company was, but I think you might be better searching for "freight" rather than "courier".

C

CarlBkk

Ok I'll take a look at the above, but I know that GTI Distribution only pick up from the Lancs area where they are based.

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok I'll take a look at the above, but I know that GTI Distribution only pick up from the Lancs area where they are based.
I thought that James sent stuff from the South coast to Oxford using them

Brumjam

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2009
Birmingham
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nope. They've picked up from various locations across England for people on this site. Highly recommended service.

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have used GTI and they are indeed excellent and careful. Otherwise it sounds like a pallet job. If you can get the thing onto a standard pallet and safely wrapped and protected from idiots driving fork-lift trucks then any number of hauage firms will take it for not very much.

lee1975

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 17, 2010
Nottingham, England
AKA
Lee
If you do put on a pallet it will go through a network like the one I work at. I have sent things through with no issues but !! Make sure you secure the goods to the pallet and make sure that the package is bomb proof and then shrink wrap....Loads of it. I see 8000 pallets+ a night come through and when you see the way some goods are packaged you wounder how they expect to get to it's location in tact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles