Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello everyone

I am having a bit of a rethink on the amp front as I want a lot more flexibility than I have now.  I want to mix and match between two/three different systems.  I have been looking at preamps and power amps but it has occurred to me that there might well be a decent integrated amp that has a balanced pre-output.  The side benefit of this is that an integrated amp is more likely to also have a phono stage built in than a preamp (based on what I have seen for sale second-hand). Neutral to slightly warm (certainly no warmer than a Quad 909). Valve pre is ok but not a valve power amp for heat and maintenance reasons (been there done that with ARC). My old Marantz PM-KI Pearl would be an interesting choice as a benchmark but they are so rare that its only a benchmark. 

Also open to pre/power ideas.  New the Schiit Freya and Aegir look interesting but they are brand new and only from US for foreseeable future.

To be predominantly used with Tascam DA3000 DAC, (and either Benchmark DAC 1 or Luxman DA-100 DAC), Auralic Aries Mini,  and Harbeth P3 ESR. (And a Michell/Jelco/Nagaoka turntable). The Preamp would also be used with Neumann DSP monitors that have balanced inputs.

Would prefer a secondhand amp not more than 8-10 years old but preferably newer to avoid problems. Preferably smaller than larger. Budget up to €1800 ish but less is always welcome!

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles