Different devices with same remote control operating frequency.......

wizons

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 19, 2009
Bucks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is a ridiculous and new situation: the remotes for my DAC and preamp both operate at the same frequency. It is an absolute nuisance. Adjusting the volume of the preamp with the preamp remote also adjusts the output volume of the DAC (which needs to be set at maximum). Changing the preamp's input also changes the digital input on the DAC etc.

Are there any solutions to this problem as it renders the system pretty much unusable?

mattski

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 2, 2012
Surrey
AKA
Matt
I had a similar problem and the only way I could partially solve it was luckily that my DAC could be told to accept a different remote command for volume - not sorted power yet though.

brystonian

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2012
Bedfordshire
AKA
Jim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you never change anything on the DAC via remote. You could just stick something in front of the IR receiver on the DAC.

cynix

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2011
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Might be possible to change the remote "channel" on one of the devices, check manuals for details.

Or, you could get a remote extender box with a stick on IR transmitter and tape that over the IR receiver on one of the devices.

If you placed the receiver box for the remote extender a few meters away from your equipment rack you could then aim your remotes either at the equipment rack or the IR extender box to control the 2 devices separately. Shielding the sensors to make them more directional may help too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles