Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The top,bottom and sides are all 36mm And the front & rear are 12mm. This solution means I don’t have to stress over the internal volume/tuning but gives me plenty of scope to attack the outside surfaces with some dramatic cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just on a side note it’s been suggested that I’ll need a BSC circuit to balance the sound? Is this normal with the ufonken designs?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobovox

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 21, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just on a side note it’s been suggested that I’ll need a BSC circuit to balance the sound? Is this normal with the ufonken designs?
I’m not familiar with the uFonken design but I expect that you will need to introduce a baffle-step correction filter, otherwise the speaker will sound a little thin. The bass alignment won’t make any difference to baffle step effects. 

Do you have access to a measurement mic? There are calculators available but I don’t know of any that will allow for the effect of the large chamfers shown in the sketch. I expect this will be very beneficial to limiting diffraction ripples, as well as looking very nice, but not sure how to quantify. 

This should work fine for a rectangular enclosure:

http://www.mh-audio.nl/Calculators/BDL.html

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Alas I don’t own a mic or the skills to use REW. My main system was set up using a mic/REW as the actives I own incorporate DSP (d&d 8c) but the knowledge required was over my head. 

once I get the cabinets finished I’ll look to address this as the cabinet shape will be a one of a kind... this was the image that inspired the angles, although I don’t think I’ll be able to quite replicate this design☹️

• Upvote
Reactions: joolz and Tony_J

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The tops definitely gonna get some more saw action, on reflection it reminds me of a grandmas carriage clock!

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online