Diy Speaker cabinet ideas/help

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like the lined effect - adds interest to the cabs. So yes.

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Very nice build congratulations.

I looked at lots of different enclosure for my Fostex FX120 drivers and spent ages online reading reviews. The Fonken designs had consistently good feed back from builders which was one of the key deciding factors in my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Thanks for your advice and recommendation they sound pretty good as is.

I’ve purchase a microphone to do some tests to see if they can be improved, just need to learn how to use REW first!

I really enjoyed the build so the next project is already in the planning phase. I’ve got a pair of Alpair 10M full range drivers heading my way. I need to find a smallish cabinet design to use. I see that the Frugel horn XL cab is a good match but it’s looks massive. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve got a pair of Alpair 10M full range drivers heading my way. I need to find a smallish cabinet design to use. I see that the Frugel horn XL cab is a good match but it’s looks massive. 
Have a word with Stefan at KJF Audio, is that where you bought them? He is very knowledgeable on Mark audio drivers, and cabinet designs for them. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If you have not done so already join the diyaudio.com community amongst the many threads you will find the planet10 thread which has lots of info on full range driver projects including Alpair drivers.

Dave Dlugos  (planet10 Fonken, Frugile & Tline speaker designer) contributes regularly and has always been a fantastic source of knowledge you will be able to chat with the designer himself. Plus I am sure some pics of your build would be most welcome and be a inspiration for others. 

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/

https://www.highfidelityreview.com/interview-with-dave-dlugos-aka-planet_10-with-chris.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.