• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

don't miss the biggest fight of the year

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Oscar is bigger and have a lot more experience at super fight level but at his agewould he still be able to produce that stunning boxing skill that made him a mega star in the 90's? Pretty boy is faster, sharper and a lot younger, he will be trying to out box De la Hoya from the outside and grab & hold tactic on the inside.

Who will win????

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I really want De la Hoya to win, but I don't think its going to happen
sad.png

Mayweather to win on points...

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Buscuit, can you remember Hagler VS Hearn? I think the fighter (Oscar) might jump in there guick and out power the boxer (Floyd) in the first few rounds but if the pretty boy can servive the early rounds I have to agree with you that oscar will, sadly, get outpoint.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When is it?

Also UFC action on Saturday night, in Machester. Bispin and some of the English lads fighting the yanks. Should be good.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
not until early May - 5th maybe? Can't remember for sure.

De La Hoya is no Marvin Hagler, and Mayweather is technically very good, so I can't see him letting it go toe-to-toe in the opening rounds.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
5 more days, I can't wait...I gonna bet on Oscar to win by KO which should be a good odd. The good big one will beat a great little one on this occasion.

potemkin

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2007
Mayweather gets the rep of being the best pound for pound fighter in the world. He is stepping up a weight and his dad trains De La Hoya!

Seemingly this would favour Oscar but Mayweather will be quicker to the punch and on his feet.

A war of attrition that will go right to the wire - Pretty Boy on points for me

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Oh dear....my bet look very silly now. Pretty boy never look like being stop and even rock the golden boy in some of the round. It was a close fight and could go both ways in the end so rematch will happen soon even if both boxer say that they will hang thire gloves tommorow.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I watched it, never seen Mayweather fight before so maybe its just his style, but I thought Oscar wanted it more, Mayweather seemed only too keen to step off him and let him come at him without counter punching that much. He is VERY fast though so what he did throw landed acurately.

Would of been nice to see Oscar win it, maybe a few years ago. I'd like to see one of our boy's up against this lot, they've got a lot of heart and could shock a few people, shame they're never given the chance.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Matt J wrote:

I'd like to see one of our boy's up against this lot, they've got a lot of heart and could shock a few people, shame they're never given the chance.
Nigel Benn did it in late 80's, then lennox lewis (he's a brit...ish) set a world heavy wieght on fire in the 90's.The only chance we have at the moment is Ricky Hattan but i wouldn't hold my breath because he is not the commitment type!

potemkin

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2007
Ricky is going to have his hands full with Castillo the Mexican in his next fight. He is as tough as old boots but getting on a bit. He can bang a bit though and Hatton will need to keep his distance early or he might just get sparkled pdq. Longer it goes though, the better it should be for Hatton. This will be a better fight than Mayweather De La Hoya.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree, its also the first orthodox fighter he's faced since Kostyzu, and we know how good he performed that night, I think Castillo's approach suits Hatton's style better than his last few fights.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
When is the the fight??? I bet is Pay Per View!

I think if Hatton fit, Castillo would fold within 6 rounds, yes, the maxican is tough but he is now getting long in the tooth + his last preformance was very poor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx